Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going bananas with the quote function

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Going bananas with the quote function

Hi everyone--

This is a temporary sticky asking people to back away from the quote function after a certain point.

If quoting helps keep people straight on which post you're commenting on or replying to, that's wonderful. Please use it, we beg of you.

But the recent trend of let's see how skinny we can get this thing has kind of lost its charm, and now that we've all seen and admired them, let's let it go.

I posted this in the January gardening thread, but since it was already up to 20 pages on Jan 3, I figured it would get lost fast, so here it is again:

Hi, all.

While I'm an enormous fan of the quote function, and I'm always begging people to use it, the Lithium hamsters called. Their scrabbly little paws are all worn out, trying to keep the exercise wheels which power the Lithium servers going, and the gi-normous quotes were eating up space something fierce.

As the Lithium budget did not anticipate either extra bags of Hamster Chow OR tiny little booties for overworked hamster paws, I edited out the last half-dozen or so posts to get them down to four quotes or so per post. Since I did this in html, there's an excellent chance that on at least one thread, I have the wrong poster's name on the wrong post. My apologies. I'm kinda cross-eyed now.

Anyway, we've all enjoyed watched the threads get down to where there's only one word per line, but enough's enough, so let's let this go, please. It's hard to read, and it's making the threads crazy long.

hauling 

The usual members may feel free to grouse about mean moderators. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Going bananas with the quote function

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIVtGS3-dk   Can't stop laughing...

Anyway, the Lithium hamsters send their thanks for your understanding and cooperation.  

And for those who dare to question hamster-generated power: Charging a smart phone with a hamster

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.