Amex BCP $4/$2k

Chase Freedom $3.1/$5k

Discover IT $0/$5k

2x Merrick $200/ and $0/$1.9K

Amazon Store $0/~$3500 reported

Lowes $88/$5600 reported

Generic Capital One $0/$1800

UTL 10% reported right now INQ EX 3 EQ 7 TU 2

Score estimated around 730 for EQ and TU.  TU has one collection should be falling off in the next couple of months and EQ is clean.  EX has two collections falling off in the next couple of months.

Thinking DCU for low interest card, Sallie Mae for Amazon, and Walmart for TU score and it's GE so within a year I'll hopefully have a third $10k line from them.(Amazon and Lowes are both at $10k but haven't updated yet.)  

Ideally I'd wait until the reports are clean but I have some medical expenses coming up later this month for my daughter that I want the low interest DCU card to pay for.  Right now my lowest interest is 18.9%.

EX is pretty buggered with the two collections so I'm avoiding known EX pullers if possible.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Going on a spree, need anything else?

@boomhower wrote:

Current cards:

Amex BCP $4/$2k

Chase Freedom $3.1/$5k

Discover IT $0/$5k

2x Merrick $200/ and $0/$1.9K

Amazon Store $0/~$3500 reported

Lowes $88/$5600 reported

Generic Capital One $0/$1800

UTL 10% reported right now INQ EX 3 EQ 7 TU 2

Score estimated around 730 for EQ and TU.  TU has one collection should be falling off in the next couple of months and EQ is clean.  EX has two collections falling off in the next couple of months.

Thinking DCU for low interest card, Sallie Mae for Amazon, and Walmart for TU score and it's GE so within a year I'll hopefully have a third $10k line from them.(Amazon and Lowes are both at $10k but haven't updated yet.)  

Ideally I'd wait until the reports are clean but I have some medical expenses coming up later this month for my daughter that I want the low interest DCU card to pay for.  Right now my lowest interest is 18.9%.

EX is pretty buggered with the two collections so I'm avoiding known EX pullers if possible.

I think the balances on the AMEX and Chase cards are kinda high to be apping at the current time.

Can you get them down first?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If your CS are over 700 you are looking at 9.5% (maybe 8.5%) with DCU. Your EQ is clean. I would apply with them.

Message 3 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Amex is only $4. I know chase is high but unfortunately I really can't wait. I know approvals are going to straight forward, really just at what terms. Mainly looking to see if there are any other cards I need to include while I'm apping.
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Have any interest in Citi? I think they pull EQ but could be wrong. Thinking when you get the DCU, you could use Citi for BT for the promo period.
Message 5 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Have any interest in Citi? I think they pull EQ but could be wrong. Thinking when you get the DCU, you could use Citi for BT for the promo period.

Last Citi app I did they pulled EX.  I'd like to get in with Citi but am going to have to wait until EX is clean.  Applied before with two INQ's 700 FICO and 1% UTL and was denied due to the two collections, even at six years old at the time. 

Message 6 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Before you go apping why don't you call some of your card companies and see if you can get them to lower your APR. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.