Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on an "app spree" questions

tag
awiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Going on an "app spree" questions

I just like the idea of rapid-fire app'ing. Might give it a shot after I've got calluses from six months minimum of gardening.

Message 21 of 31
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

So applying for both the Citi Dividen for students and Forward for students is probably a bad idea?

Not at all but both will most likey pull EX

Will student loans be enough to suffice as credit or will Citi require me to have revolving credit?

Message 22 of 31
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

So applying for both the Citi Dividen for students and Forward for students is probably a bad idea?

Will student loans be enough to suffice as credit or will Citi require me to have revolving credit?

If you're going for one of their student cards it should suffice with enough history!

Message 23 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Both will require some type of history

Check your other thread ..

Everyone gave you valuable info..Its going to be hard going at it without secured or AU's YMMV

Some have been lucky but its rare to get approvals for unsecured CC right out the gate other than CAP1 who pulls all 3 CB's and its still a long shot..

Sorry just being honest 

I would rather you take the safe route then have to live with bad decisions from a lot of HP's for the next 2 years

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

If you're going for one of their student cards it should suffice with enough history!

daybreakgonesXe link your how to for OP

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 25 of 31
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Good call!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/quot-Start-From-Scratch-quot-Credit-Builders-Handbook/m-p/2330043#M656734

OP, check out this link I made. This will help you decide on apping.

I highly recommend you go for the Citi Forward, preferably with at least 6 months of student loan history to generate a FICO. Only Cap One Journey is the only card I know of that has the highest success rate as a student card, even with no history. Citi is known to be more picky, so at least have a FICO to back yourself up!

All the best Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 31
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Both will require some type of history

Check your other thread ..

Everyone gave you valuable info..Its going to be hard going at it without secured or AU's YMMV

Some have been lucky but its rare to get approvals for unsecured CC right out the gate other than CAP1 who pulls all 3 CB's and its still a long shot..

Sorry just being honest 

I would rather you take the safe route then have to live with bad decisions from a lot of HP's for the next 2 years

Sorry I've been making several threads as of late because some specifics weren't answered.

Thanks for the information.

Message 27 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Good call!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/quot-Start-From-Scratch-quot-Credit-Builders-Handbook/m

-p/2330043#M656734

OP, check out this link I made. This will help you decide on apping.

I highly recommend you go for the Citi Forward, preferably with at least 6 months of student loan history to generate a FICO. Only Cap One Journey is the only card I know of that has the highest success rate as a student card, even with no history. Citi is known to be more picky, so at least have a FICO to back yourself up!

All the best Smiley Happy

Thank youSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 28 of 31
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone, I'll be off reading some more articles.

Message 29 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

its amazing how much student loans have skyrocketed my credit score and drained my bank account. Smiley Happy Smiley Sad

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.