Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on an "app spree" questions

tag
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Going on an "app spree" questions

Is there any benefit of applying for multiple cards at once? Does the # of inquiries look smaller since I would be submitting several applications at once?

EDIT: I meant the # of inquiries that show up before they pull my credit not after. sorry for the confusion

Thanks,

I also have another thread open regarding student loans and how they report if anybody could help me.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Federal-Direct-Subsidized-Loan-and-Perkin-s-Loan/td-p/...

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going on an "app spree" questions

I think that they are all counted as separate apps, but on the bright side - they will all fall of your Fico score at the same time next year Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 31
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to inquiries  being scored as one, thats only when rate shopping for morgage or auto loan.

Most people submitt multiple cc applications at once to try and have the system not see all the inquiries after each other and if approved they age together.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 31
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I think that they are all counted as separate apps, but on the bright side - they will all fall of your Fico score at the same time next year Smiley Wink

I understand that but when the companies are looking at my credit file will they see that I have inquiries from the other credit card companies that I submitted applications to only minutes apart from each app?

Message 4 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

fill them all out and press submit all at the same time and try and beat the computers!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 31
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
fill them all out and press submit all at the same time and try and beat the computers!

So basically I gotta be speedy gonzalez?

Message 6 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Fill out all of the applications in different tabs. once its all filled out press submit tab over press submit tab over, repeat.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

Message 7 of 31
missjae
Established Contributor

You can try, but credit pulls are instant. Alternatively, you can try picking different lenders that are known to pull different reports so you don't get tons of inquiries on one report.
Message 8 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

To clear up any misunderstanding as fast as you hit send the INQ shows up on your CR...The computer trick does not work..CB's have faster computers LOL

Yes other lenders will see that you had other INQ's that day..This is why we tell people to select different cards that pull different CB's so A won't see B or C

Make sense?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

ya, theres no 100 percent proof that my theory works. Ive tried it but I was most likely going to be approved no matter what for the 2 cards I tried it for considering my 0 utilization and high score at the time. but as always ymmv

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.