Regular Contributor
awiser

Re: Going on an "app spree" questions

I just like the idea of rapid-fire app'ing. Might give it a shot after I've got calluses from six months minimum of gardening.
Starting Score: WMT TU (3/13) 644. EQ FICO (3/13) 595
Current Score: WMT TU (8/14): 666. FICO's: EQ (8/14): 661. EX (7/14) 658. TU (7/14) 697 | Goal Score: 700s

Roll over images for details.
Contributor
Jungook

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

So applying for both the Citi Dividen for students and Forward for students is probably a bad idea?

Not at all but both will most likey pull EX

Will student loans be enough to suffice as credit or will Citi require me to have revolving credit?

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

So applying for both the Citi Dividen for students and Forward for students is probably a bad idea?

Will student loans be enough to suffice as credit or will Citi require me to have revolving credit?

If you're going for one of their student cards it should suffice with enough history!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Both will require some type of history

Check your other thread ..

Everyone gave you valuable info..Its going to be hard going at it without secured or AU's YMMV

Some have been lucky but its rare to get approvals for unsecured CC right out the gate other than CAP1 who pulls all 3 CB's and its still a long shot..

Sorry just being honest 

I would rather you take the safe route then have to live with bad decisions from a lot of HP's for the next 2 years

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

If you're going for one of their student cards it should suffice with enough history!

daybreakgonesXe link your how to for OP

Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Good call!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/quot-Start-From-Scratch-quot-Credit-Builders-Handbook/m-p/2330043#M656734

OP, check out this link I made. This will help you decide on apping.

I highly recommend you go for the Citi Forward, preferably with at least 6 months of student loan history to generate a FICO. Only Cap One Journey is the only card I know of that has the highest success rate as a student card, even with no history. Citi is known to be more picky, so at least have a FICO to back yourself up!

All the best :smileyhappy:

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Contributor
Jungook

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Both will require some type of history

Check your other thread ..

Everyone gave you valuable info..Its going to be hard going at it without secured or AU's YMMV

Some have been lucky but its rare to get approvals for unsecured CC right out the gate other than CAP1 who pulls all 3 CB's and its still a long shot..

Sorry just being honest 

I would rather you take the safe route then have to live with bad decisions from a lot of HP's for the next 2 years

Sorry I've been making several threads as of late because some specifics weren't answered.

Thanks for the information.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

myjourney wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Jungook wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Good call!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/quot-Start-From-Scratch-quot-Credit-Builders-Handbook/m

-p/2330043#M656734

OP, check out this link I made. This will help you decide on apping.

I highly recommend you go for the Citi Forward, preferably with at least 6 months of student loan history to generate a FICO. Only Cap One Journey is the only card I know of that has the highest success rate as a student card, even with no history. Citi is known to be more picky, so at least have a FICO to back yourself up!

All the best :smileyhappy:

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Last 5 apps 6/13

Contributor
Jungook

Thanks everyone, I'll be off reading some more articles.

Valued Contributor
Luscher

[ Edited ]

its amazing how much student loans have skyrocketed my credit score and drained my bank account. :smileyhappy: :smileysad:

CHASE FREEDOM | CHASE RITZ | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | DISCOVER IT | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$25,000---------$22,700-----------$18,000------------$11,000--------$8,750----------$5,000----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 785 EQ: 760

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}