Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going over Credit Limit BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going over Credit Limit BOA

Hi,

So I can't find a few of my credit cards and called the banks they said they're sending them out within 14 days.

Due to this I needed to go about $700 over my limit on my BOA card currently it shows my posted balance as being under the limit but when the pending charges post I'll be about $700 over. Will they give me a fee or what will happen with this?

I can pay it within 7 days that's not a problem but just asking so I know. Maybe someone with experience with this with BOA can chime in.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going over Credit Limit BOA

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

So I can't find a few of my credit cards and called the banks they said they're sending them out within 14 days.

Due to this I needed to go about $700 over my limit on my BOA card currently it shows my posted balance as being under the limit but when the pending charges post I'll be about $700 over. Will they give me a fee or what will happen with this?

I can pay it within 7 days that's not a problem but just asking so I know. Maybe someone with experience with this with BOA can chime in.

Thanks!

You're fine.  They wouldn't have approved the over limit charges in the first place if it was going to be an issue.  You won't be assessed a fee.  A lot of cards that are VISA Signatures or WEMCs allow you to charge over our credit limit.  They only require that you pay all the over linit charges plus your normal monthly limit on your next statement.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.