Did you mean: 

Going to App Spree!! Help me make decisions

tag
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Re: Going to App Spree!! Help me make decisions

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@Jerryf08 wrote:

GOT approved for AMEX BCE!!!! not sure what the credit limit is though. Woohoo!!!

WOOHOO I told you that you'd have a great shot!  Congrats!!

Thanks! I'm going to try the Amazon and Freedom one.

Thereafter I'll probably do walmart. Last one might be a citi card. I like th 0% interest for 18 months, but I like getting decent rewards when i make purchases to :/

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 11 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 60
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Keep us posted!  Which app are you doing next?

@Jerryf08 wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@Jerryf08 wrote:

GOT approved for AMEX BCE!!!! not sure what the credit limit is though. Woohoo!!!

Thereafter I'll probably do walmart. Last one might be a citi card. I like th 0% interest for 18 months, but I like getting decent rewards when i make purchases to :/

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 13 of 60
JohnWillyson

Amazon is a good card. It was my first ever card I was approved for $1k limit. I spent so much on it that I was quickly raised to $2k within a year over several auto CLIs. I will always hold a warm spot for Chase. Getting approved for the freedom was difficult, but like I said I had very little credit when i first got my amazon card. After a year they gave me the freedom.

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 14 of 60
Jerryf08
New Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Keep us posted!  Which app are you doing next?

@Jerryf08 wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@Jerryf08 wrote:

Got approved for Chase Freedom with $2000 limit!! 22.99 APR though :/

I want to do amazon but I read the fine print concerning that the 3x points is only good for buying straight from amazon and not the other sellers on there. So that's making me wonder.

I'm going to apply Walmart now, but does the discover one give the free FICO? or is it the store card?

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 15 of 60
JohnWillyson

I got full 3x on ALL amazon purchases as long as its done thru amazon.com.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 16 of 60
Jerryf08
New Contributor

interesting interesting.. hmmmm. oh wow yea you are right lol. Now I gotta consider that one again. lol.

Are there any other great cards that I might qualify for?

Message 17 of 60
JohnWillyson

I dont know about you, but the Sallie Mae world mastercard I couldnt get fast enough. 5x on gas and groceries ($250 spend limit on each per month) and 5x on bookstores (up to $750 per month) was very very attractive to me.I believe the 5x on bookstores is good for amazon.com too, just not third party. I will know once I get it next week Smiley Happy Only got approved for it yesterday.

Message 18 of 60
startnow
Established Member

You can get free FICO from both Walmart store card and Walmart Discovery.  Congrats so far! I'm living vicariously through you!

Message 19 of 60
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Smiley Surprised that's awesome, what was your credit limit? isn't the minimum 5000 for world master card? I don't think I would qualify for that :/

@JohnWillyson wrote:
I dont know about you, but the Sallie Mae world mastercard I couldnt get fast enough. 5x on gas and groceries ($250 spend limit on each per month) and 5x on bookstores (up to $750 per month) was very very attractive to me.I believe the 5x on bookstores is good for amazon.com too, just not third party. I will know once I get it next week Smiley Happy Only got approved for it yesterday.

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.