cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Disney. What card(s) to use?

tag
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

Re: Going to Disney. What card(s) to use?

@nursepower wrote:

I don't know my own rewards. I thought maybe someone would know right off what the best option was. Researching is my favorite part of the trip so I will have fun finding the best deals. Thank you.

im right with you, i didnt know mine either... and they had such a problem with me though

Message 11 of 27
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

im right with you, i didnt know mine either... and they had such a problem with me though

I saw this in your signature and just had to ponder how much underwear one could buy:

> Victoria Secret 8k

But I bet it really helps with utilization Smiley Happy (credit util, not underwear util...)

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 12 of 27
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry you felt that way. I read the thread and thought the comment was in jest. Maybe I was wrong. 

I also need to keep in mind APR because I'll be making payments. Amex is a LOT lower than my other cards. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 13 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

I don't know my own rewards. I thought maybe someone would know right off what the best option was. Researching is my favorite part of the trip so I will have fun finding the best deals. Thank you.

Which is why we're here to help ..

Please don't take offense MODs and CL's are watching Smiley Wink 

See who gives you the best deal on flights, hotels, etc etc based on the points you have now and then transfer to the FF program that gets you say 2.1 for flights 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

Ok finally warning 

If your not addressing OP question then keep it moving ....

I will not see this thread lock because of others 

Thanks MJ

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

See who gives you the best deal on flights, hotels, etc etc based on the points you have now and then transfer to the FF program that gets you say 2.1 for flights 

Credit limits are watching?  EEEEK!

(Oh, I'm only playing...)

OP, this is one of those questions that doesn''t have a "right" answer.  You'll have to weigh the pros and cons of each and figure out what works best for you.

You mentioned Amex having the lowest APR for you...if you're planning to carry the balance, that would be MY deciding factor.

Good luck to you!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 16 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nursepower wrote:

I'm sorry you felt that way. I read the thread and thought the comment was in jest. Maybe I was wrong. 

I also need to keep in mind APR because I'll be making payments. Amex is a LOT lower than my other cards. 

It was, I was the one that made that comment based on the vast number of high quality tradelines in Maria's signature.

Wasn't intended otherwise, but that's an Internet forum for you and anything that can be taken the wrong way, invariably will.

That said, a lot depends on how much you travel: if you're with Amex airlines / hotels use that, or if you're with Chase ones, use that one instead.  Gift cards rarely wind up being a good use, cash at least on the freedom is 1:1, depending on your Amex card you can likely do better.

Example: I've travelled Southwest for nearly two decades (Chase), but I'm seriously considering if I start travelling again around the western US, switching to Virgin American which is currently in bed with Amex and might make more sense for me.  Also hard to know as I don't think you posted which Amex card you have which makes all the difference in the world.

        
Message 17 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I remember wanting the Disney CC before our trip years ago.  Alas, that was before the rebuilding, and I couldn't finance Goofy's dogfood.   I had applied back then anyway, denied of course.   But I really did want that card at the time.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

2 mods and a CL following a post.   Hmmmm.....   I think we will stay OT...  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

2 mods and a CL following a post.   Hmmmm.....   I think we will stay OT...  Smiley Wink

Lol

I'm sure there's a 3rd MOD in the background Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.