cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to try my luck with Chase Sapphire Preferred...

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Re: Going to try my luck with Chase Sapphire Preferred...

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you use this one 800-432-3117?

Nope but I'll try it right now! I was using 888-338-2586

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 31 of 47
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Just gave it a rang, game me the same recorded message, we received your message da da da, you'll hear from us by mail within 2 weeks......I wish that was code for YOUR CARDS ON THE WAY!

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

That may be a denial. I had to speak with someone because of my fraud alert. About an hour later I called that number and it instantlysaid approved.

Message 33 of 47
CS800
Super Contributor

I think Chase pulls EX in CA.

Hang it there .. hope fully some good news for you coming your way Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 47
p-
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I think Chase pulls EX in CA.

Hang it there .. hope fully some good news for you coming your way Smiley Happy

Yeah, I am in CA and they pulled Ex for my Freedom and my CLI.  The car dealer shopped Chase bank for auto financing and they hit TU.

That's why I'm waiting for Sapphire - all my dang inquiries are on EX.

Message 35 of 47
TM82
Regular Contributor

I know that scores aren't everything and I wish you the best but I don't think I've ever seen anyone get approved for this card with anything less than a 700 score. Even my friend who works for JPM barely got the card at 702. He got in at the lowest limit and had to speak to an underwriter who claimed the underwriting standards are a little less strict for employees.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 36 of 47
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
Just gave it a rang, game me the same recorded message, we received your message da da da, you'll hear from us by mail within 2 weeks......I wish that was code for YOUR CARDS ON THE WAY!

I had that message for about a week before I called the backdoor number to speak with an agent.  They tried to transfer me to underwriting because of "concerns from your credit report".. When the line was busy, she said she could help me in leiu of putting me on hold... I agreed, emphasized I did not give permission for another hard pull, she said she had everything she needed right in front of her and just needed to verify some info... 5 minutes later, she congratulated me for being approved, card on its way, and automated system reflected that 5 minutes later when I called to check.

Good luck!

Message 37 of 47
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Yea I called again today, app is still going through the "system" The lady I spoke with today from Lending Services said it should be done by Friday, but I imagine I'll be calling everyday to follow up. Is it bad to be OCD and call everyday?

Message 38 of 47
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
Yea I called again today, app is still going through the "system" The lady I spoke with today from Lending Services said it should be done by Friday, but I imagine I'll be calling everyday to follow up. Is it bad to be OCD and call everyday?

They do  note every single encounter.  If you call every single day, don't be surprised if you get something like "the answer hasn't changed since you last called"

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 39 of 47
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

I took my shot with this card as well. Same deal. Waiting 7-10 days now. I am in CA and they pulled EQ. I am at 675 FICO. Lets see what happens. I had no inqs on EQ so I figured what the heck.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.