New Visitor
judylu

Re: Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX

Any way to get a "probationary" approval for someone who has been through a foreclosure and trying to rebuild credit. Credit is terrible (400's). Any known programs or "special" approvals? I travel a ton on Delta and it would be nice. Thanks for the help!

Established Contributor
logan_720

judylu wrote:

Any way to get a "probationary" approval for someone who has been through a foreclosure and trying to rebuild credit. Credit is terrible (400's). Any known programs or "special" approvals? I travel a ton on Delta and it would be nice. Thanks for the help!

Honeslty, if your score is in the 400's I doubt Amex would even consider your application, especially for a revolver like the Delta Skymiles card. The only route I would think you should take at this time, is the secured route. 

New Visitor
judylu

Do they have a secured option?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

The Mortgage was the only baddie?

Do you currently have anything open and in good standing?

and no BK?

I think for best help you need to open a new thread for you only regarding credit cards... get away from any thought of American Express right now.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
logan_720

judylu wrote:

American Express doesn't have a secured card of any type. I just read however that if you use their prepaid card and are responsible with it. it m ay graduate you into a charge card, however, you would only be building that history with them internally. Nothing would be reported to the credit bureaus. I would have to agree and say Amex is not going to happen for you anytime soon.

Frequent Contributor
drsmith

720 score

3 year total history, 1.5 year AAoA

30k income

instant approval for 7k

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 743 2/9/12 TU 734 2/11/12
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

logan_720 wrote:

judylu wrote:

Honeslty, if your score is in the 400's I doubt Amex would even consider your application, especially for a revolver like the Delta Skymiles card. The only route I would think you should take at this time, is the secured route. 

+1

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

logan_720 wrote:

judylu wrote:

American Express doesn't have a secured card of any type. I just read however that if you use their prepaid card and are responsible with it. it m ay graduate you into a charge card, however, you would only be building that history with them internally. Nothing would be reported to the credit bureaus. I would have to agree and say Amex is not going to happen for you anytime soon.

AMEX does have a secured card if you have $10,000 to put into an AMEX CD in their bank.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
armywifey85

This card was really easy to get. I had like 6 inq on my report. They hit my worse credit report exp @702. I was like omg I'm not getting it. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

armywifey85 wrote:

This card was really easy to get. I had like 6 inq on my report. They hit my worse credit report exp @702. I was like omg I'm not getting it. 

Having a 702 credit score disqualifies you to say it is an easy card to get! (I mean that funny btw).

It probably "is" one of the easier credit card products with Amex, not sure why... but we see all the way down to the 630-640 get Charge Cards and maybe even lower lately with the offer from Zync for $200 CL or $500 CL with auto pay thing.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}