Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold card arrived today!

tag
billsfan14
New Contributor

Gold card arrived today!

Ah, how beautiful!  Unfortunately, I'm stuck in bed from a hernia operation I had yesterday so I won't be using it out anywhere soon!  I did however update some scores with it! Ha...  Also, got my Sovereign Bank replacement card... it's all translucent and pretty.  What a successful day!

Stuck in bed is boring, figured I'd app for a Nordstrom since my EQ looks good.  Hopefully 3 INQs isn't too much for them. 

So, my first month of credit building has been very successful.   Now that I broke 700 and got my Amex, I'm setting a goal of 800+ by my 21st birthday!

Jake 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Gold card arrived today

CongratulationsSmiley Happy  

Hope you are feeling better soon. 

What was your score when you applied? How many credit lines did you have open, with balances and how long was your credit history?  I have had credit for only eight months and I want an Amex, but I wanted to find out what the scores needed are with limited history. What is your income if you don't mind me asking?

I'm at TU:630 (FICO)  EQ: 617 (FICO)  EX: 673 (FAKO) 

Thanks 

Message Edited by BlessedHappiness on 03-21-2009 11:59 AM
Message Edited by BlessedHappiness on 03-21-2009 12:01 PM
Message 2 of 9
billsfan14
New Contributor

Re: Gold card arrived today

Thank you!

Here was my info when I applied...  American Express pulled TU for my Gold app.

EQ - 711

TU - 691 

4 accounts...

FIA Sovereign Bank - $193/700 - 1 year

Disocver - $7/500 - 4 months

Overall UTL was 17%

Car loan $15k

Student loan $2.75k

I had 4 INQs (12 months) on my TU when I applied for Amex.

HH income is 100k.  (parents and myself) 

Within the last 10 days I was...

Approved for Amex Gold

Approved for Chase Perfectcard with a $3,500 limit

Approved for CLI to $1,500 on FIA Sovereign card

Denied for Amex Clear

Denied for BOA Amex

Denied for Citi PP Amex

Waiting to hear from Nordstrom 

I tried to recon the BOA and Citi.   BOA said I already have 1 card through them, FIA Sovereign Bank, and that was enough.  I was able to get the CLI though.  Citi wouldn't budge on a recon, said I needed longer account history.  I didn't bother with a recon on the Amex Clear...

Let me know if you have anymore questions! 

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-21-2009 03:54 PM
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, in bed, bored, on pain-killers, with a laptop. Might want to ease up there a bit.

Congrats on the Gold! fwiw, I mostly used mine in traditional AmEx areas like restaurants, plane tickets, hotels, and so forth. They claim that they don't do this any more (yeah, right), but they used to cancel cards that were used at what they considered tacky merchants, like WalMart.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the info.  It gives me a good idea of where I need to be.  Congrats again and have a fab weekend!

Message 5 of 9
billsfan14
New Contributor

No problem...

Haha I know, it's a wicked combo!  I tend to stay away from Wal Mart and the likes regardless,  but thanks for the heads up.  

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
lol, in bed, bored, on pain-killers, with a laptop. Might want to ease up there a bit.

Congrats on the Gold! fwiw, I mostly used mine in traditional AmEx areas like restaurants, plane tickets, hotels, and so forth. They claim that they don't do this any more (yeah, right), but they used to cancel cards that were used at what they considered tacky merchants, like WalMart.

Message 6 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hope you feel better soon. Congrats for your gold card. I have a quick question on your Soverign Bank Card question. What kind of card do you have? Is it Amex or Visa/MC. I have their Amex Version Card which is Blue in color, did they change the product design?

Message 7 of 9
billsfan14
New Contributor

I only have the Student Platinum Plus, and the old design was just a plain silver card.   I asked for a replacement and didn't realize they changed the design, but I'm fine with that either way.

When I was on the phone about my CLI, I asked about a PC to their Amex card.  The rep said it could be done but I'd loose my account history.  I didn't think that sounded right, but didn't feel like arguing.

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-21-2009 07:14 PM
Message 8 of 9
billsfan14
New Contributor

Re: Gold card arrived today!

@billsfan14 wrote:

...Stuck in bed is boring, figured I'd app for a Nordstrom since my EQ looks good.  Hopefully 3 INQs isn't too much for them...

Talked to a CSR tonight, she said I was approved for a $1000 store card.  I feel like that's a decent initial limit, and with the way Nordstrom does CLIs this should have no problem growing into a fairly large limit Visa in 6 months.

For anyone that started with a store card, how long till it was upgraded? 

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-22-2009 08:29 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.