Did you mean: 

Gonna be a wild Amazon month thanks to Chase Freedom

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Gonna be a wild Amazon month thanks to Chase Freedom

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have full backup but nice to have all photos on the go. I never used Prime Videos. I have Netflix and rarely watch movies. You need to get rid of your Android and get an iPhone lol!!! Time to makeup your mind before renewal Smiley Happy

Ha! Without getting into the Android vs. iOS thing, let's just say I find Android much more suitable to my needs and a better overall mobile OS - and yes, I have and often do use iOS (Among my responsibilities at work, I deploy hosted cloud and email solutions to a small office, and these have to work on iOS as well as Android since employees use their own devices. Also, all my friends and coworkers who have iPhones come to me when they have trouble ... so I get a pretty good look). But yes, make up my mind I will. Thankfully though by the time my renewal is up, the Christmas shopping season will be over, which might well make it an easier decision.

I like both, though I have no teeth in googles Eco system, only amazon and iOS.  Android is very customizable, iOS dependable but boring.  Keep work phone android, personal iOS.  Sometimes, just pay for same apps on both systems.  I like it myself.  The only question, what to upgrade the Htc to when iPhone 6 plus paid off.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 32
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Gonna be a wild Amazon month thanks to Chase Freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

Funny thing is that I got the Discover It for Amazon Christmas shopping. Was browsing and ran across the Chase with 10% from Amazon until Dec. 31. Apped and will be getting it in the mail in a few days. Oh yea.

I don't get this. If you got the Discover card recently, chances are you have the double cashback promo on it for a year. Which makes Discover a 10% card on Amaozon for this quarter as well.

As an aside, I have actually shopped around online a bit and several retailers have some deals that are even better than Amazon - Sears online is pretty good (that's a 10% through Discover Deals, double it and you got 20). I'm actually at a point where I'm mulling whether to renew my Prime suscription, which comes due on the 21st of December.

Maybe people value the UR points( if you have a UR earning card) more than the straight 10% cashback

10% cash now beats 10% cash in July that may not actually be there. I still don't trust Discover to match my cash back for the year.

I like how the purchase shows the 10% right away.  Took the rest time to pay off discover (forgot how high it went).  So now back to 0, can be an emergency card.  Think I will accumulate points on freedom for awhile, then cash in.  I trust discover will double, but I have only done the standard 5% and 1%.

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.