Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good BT cards?

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Good BT cards?

Trying to help my girlfriend fix her credit up. She made a few bad decisions when she was younger and has a couple thousand dollars of credit card debt on high interest cards. We're both college students, so she barely pays anything towards the principle every month, since all she can usually put down is the minimum payment. I'd like for her to get approved for a card with a good balance transfer option (Preferably 0%, but anything below 20% would be an improvement) to help her pay this debt off.

Her TU FAKO is around 710 I believe. Utilization is 70%+, 2 inquiries in the last 2 years (2 on TU and one on EX/EQ), no baddies, and AAoA is about 3 years (Oldest account is 5 years).

She was denied for a Chase Slate. Applied for Discover It, but I tried calling to check on the app status for her (She was nervous, didn't know what to say, asked me to call), but apparently a male calling for a female's card triggered a fraud alert, so I'm not confident on that one.

Any suggestions? I heard Citi was good for balance transfers. Not sure how they feel about high utilization though.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Good BT cards?

@NewSurrender wrote:

Trying to help my girlfriend fix her credit up. She made a few bad decisions when she was younger and has a couple thousand dollars of credit card debt on high interest cards. We're both college students, so she barely pays anything towards the principle every month, since all she can usually put down is the minimum payment. I'd like for her to get approved for a card with a good balance transfer option (Preferably 0%, but anything below 20% would be an improvement) to help her pay this debt off.

Her TU FAKO is around 710 I believe. Utilization is 70%+, 2 inquiries in the last 2 years (2 on TU and one on EX/EQ), no baddies, and AAoA is about 3 years (Oldest account is 5 years).

She was denied for a Chase Slate. Applied for Discover It, but I tried calling to check on the app status for her (She was nervous, didn't know what to say, asked me to call), but apparently a male calling for a female's card triggered a fraud alert, so I'm not confident on that one.

Any suggestions? I heard Citi was good for balance transfers. Not sure how they feel about high utilization though.

I'd try Barclay's rewards MC out.

-0% on Purchases for 15 months

-0% on BT's for 15 months (3% fee per BT)

-$50 CB on 1st purchase

She will more than likely be declined but you will have to call in for recon and explain your situation and your goal with their card. I was approved 2 weeks ago for a 5K limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.