Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bye Wells Fargo

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Good Bye Wells Fargo

I am so fed up with WF Nickel & Diming me - They just charged me a $10 service fee because I only used my debit card 7 times in the last month - instead of the required 10! lol - I am also closing my CC with them (only had it about 7 months) - just $1000 limit with $0 balance. I can understand charging people if they become indebted to them - but I always keep $6000+ in my checking account and I also have a savings with them too

Im not worrying about my util by closing the card - I only owe a few hundred bucks combined through all of my cards, It just amazed me that they can afford to lose customers over 10 bucks! lol

Sory, Rant over - Ally, here I come

Have a great day all - Im off to the Lambrecht car auction Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good Bye Wells Fargo

I deal with them before, and did the same as you cancel it! and that was back in 2006 or 07 I guess their squeeze policies are still there, hope you find a better home. I had banked with Chase since 09 and I'm happy as of today, never charged me a penny, in 4 years (I did opt out the overdraft protection).

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 2 of 51
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I am so fed up with WF Nickel & Diming me - They just charged me a $10 service fee because I only used my debit card 7 times in the last month - instead of the required 10! lol - I am also closing my CC with them (only had it about 7 months) - just $1000 limit with $0 balance. I can understand charging people if they become indebted to them - but I always keep $6000+ in my checking account and I also have a savings with them too

Im not worrying about my util by closing the card - I only owe a few hundred bucks combined through all of my cards, It just amazed me that they can afford to lose customers over 10 bucks! lol

Sory, Rant over - Ally, here I come

Have a great day all - Im off to the Lambrecht car auction Smiley Wink

I actually did the same exact thing you did , but i did it an little differently. I closed my WF checking account and put few hundred in an local CU so i could withdraw money here and there. Everything else went into an allys MMA. I will take the .84% over the measly .03% i was getting at WF or w/e it was. Also both CU and ally have no service and minimum balance like WF had. Those little 7-10 dollar fees here and there really pissed me off with WF. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 51
jre
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry I just don't understand your frustration. Most banks charge a service fee for checking accounts and give you many different options to waive the fee. I have Wells Fargo checking so I know they offer many options to waive the fees.

In your case, you didn't meet the required number of debit card transactions for the statement period. It's as simple as that. Take some responsibility and don't act like a child would by ranting and raving. Release yourself from this notion of entitlement. Life will be so much more simple.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 4 of 51
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@jre wrote:

I'm sorry I just don't understand your frustration. Most banks charge a service fee for checking accounts and give you many different options to waive the fee. I have Wells Fargo checking so I know they offer many options to waive the fees.

In your case, you didn't meet the required number of debit card transactions for the statement period. It's as simple as that. Take some responsibility and don't act like a child would by ranting and raving. Release yourself from this notion of entitlement. Life will be so much more simple.

The OP was a customer of WF and was entitled to good service. That is how business works. Unfortunately, WF did not meet the standards of the OP so he took his business elsewhere. That is WF's loss, not any sort of entitlement issues or the result of childish acts. 

Message 5 of 51
azguy13
Senior Contributor

This is a place for peaceful discussion and sharing ideas. Personal attacks are not warranted and are not allowed under the TOS. 

Message 6 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't quite understand the issue here. If you only have 6000 in deposits, you need to change the account type to a lower tier to avoid fees. It's the same thing for any checking account with any bank. Each type of checking product has its own minimum deposit and/or other requirements.

Your banker, or you, chose the wrong product, or you had the right product at one time but right now that's obviously not working out for you, which is why you need to switch.

With just 6k in deposits you should either try get a free account type, if you qualify for one at Wells Fargo, or just switch to a smaller bank or CU.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 51
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I don't quite understand the issue here. If you only have 6000 in deposits, you need to change the account type to a lower tier to avoid fees. It's the same thing for any checking account with any bank. Each type of checking product has its own minimum deposit and/or other requirements.

Your banker, or you, chose the wrong product, or you had the right product at one time but right now that's obviously not working out for you, which is why you need to switch.

With just 6k in deposits you should either try get a free account type, if you qualify for one at Wells Fargo, or just switch to a smaller bank or CU.

It sounds like the OP had an issue with a minimum use of his debit card, not a minimum assets needed to avoid an account fee.

Message 8 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

@jungwook, each account type has its own requirements. Minimum usage of debit cards requirements isn't exclusive to WF. Chase and citi has account types that have this requirement too.

All I'm asking is, if he's unable to meet the account requirements, change the account type. Hope that clarifies.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 51
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@jungwook, each account type has its own requirements. Minimum usage of debit cards requirements isn't exclusive to WF. Chase and citi has account types that have this requirement too.

All I'm asking is, if he's unable to meet the account requirements, change the account type. Hope that clarifies.

That's what he basically did, he has changed to a credit union with little to no fees, and has opened an online account as well. He has already taken your advice but had gone a step farther in his endeavors. 

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.