cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good CC that pull TU? Thnking of US Bank, any thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good CC that pull TU? Thnking of US Bank, any thoughts?

Hi,

I've been working very hard on my credit files for about 4 years.

TU 767

EQ 769

My files are clean, my oldest account is only 5 years, and my AAoA is 3. My util is 8%.

I had some older accounts in good and bad standing, but they have aged off beyond the 10 year mark.

I currently have a Crap 1 card that has only seen one cli in 3 years, it is stuck at 1500.

I have 2 chase cards, one is 2500, and the other is 6300. Both have a ridiculous APR of 19%

I have really been looking at US Bank, they have been sending me invites on a regular basis. Can anyone shed some light on their service, and the average apr? Not to mention, Starting CL?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Good CC that pull TU? Thnking of US Bank, any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure that US Bank almost always pulls EQ.  Barclays almost always pulls TU.  I've been a US Bank customer for 20 years, and have nothing but good things to say about them.  Very good customer service.  The average APR is around 15%, and their starting CL's are decent.  Your stated scores and history are good enough to get in the door with them, for sure, but I wouldn't venture to say what kind of CL they'd give you.  My best guess would be 5000+.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

US Bank typically pulls TU if you live in the midwest, but on the coasts, they usually pull EQ.

My scores are below, and they approved me for $7500 CL on the Flexperks Select card for which I got a preapproval in the mail, which at the time was my highest CL. They are good IMO!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I live in So Cal and US Bank pulled EX for me.  They have been an excellent bank over the years.  I have their FlexPerks and Platinum cards.  Rates  are 7.24 and 9.25%.  They started me off with both lines of credit in  the 5 figures.  Customer service has been outstanding.   Good luck to you. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm. Most, if not all on Whogavemecredit are reporting a TU pull.

I have not applied for anything in 2 years. Today I decided to apply for this card and I was declined. I live in Texas, so Im not sure what CRA was used. I have a freeze on my equifax, and experian. I suspect they pulled EQ, or tried to anyways and nothing came back. I will call them tomorrow and find out what happened.

If they pulled TU and declined me with my current score, then I give up on every trying to app for anything again. I have more credit than I need atm, but I would like better cards with better rates.

Message 5 of 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hmmm. Most, if not all on Whogavemecredit are reporting a TU pull.

I have not applied for anything in 2 years. Today I decided to apply for this card and I was declined. I live in Texas, so Im not sure what CRA was used. I have a freeze on my equifax, and experian. I suspect they pulled EQ, or tried to anyways and nothing came back. I will call them tomorrow and find out what happened.

If they pulled TU and declined me with my current score, then I give up on every trying to app for anything again. I have more credit than I need atm, but I would like better cards with better rates.

Don't let this slide.  I would certainly call and find out why you were declined, especially with your scores.   I have always been treated well by their customer service, so give it a try.  Keep us posted.  Good luck to you when you call. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 8
android01
Valued Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

US Bank typically pulls TU if you live in the midwest, but on the coasts, they usually pull EQ.

My scores are below, and they approved me for $7500 CL on the Flexperks Select card for which I got a preapproval in the mail, which at the time was my highest CL. They are good IMO!

I live in MN, and they pull EQ. YMMV!  Smiley Surprised

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ according to CSR, so since nothing came back they where unable to process the app. I told her she could try transunion, and she said they have no control over that.

Darn freezes, I did that a long time ago to protect me from myself. lol Now I don't have a clue as to what the lift password is. Guess I will have to contact them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.