Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Card for a 551er

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Credit Card for a 551er

Can anyone recommend a good credit card for a 551 and rising FICO score? I have since bought my student loans current which were past due for a while, so I'm assuming I'm up from there. I applied for a credit card recently and was turned down. I have no revolving credit and I know that this is hurting my credit score. Is there a card that any of you would recommend that I am likely to be approved for? BTW, I make a good salary and have low living expenses and loan payments, no current credit card debt either.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Good Credit Card for a 551er

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good credit card for a 551 and rising FICO score? I have since bought my student loans current which were past due for a while, so I'm assuming I'm up from there. I applied for a credit card recently and was turned down. I have no revolving credit and I know that this is hurting my credit score. Is there a card that any of you would recommend that I am likely to be approved for? BTW, I make a good salary and have low living expenses and loan payments, no current credit card debt either.

What card did you apply for? Before you app for anything else take a deep breath and get some advice. I think you might be able to get a rebuilder Cap One card and probably an Orchard card.
Check the preapproval for credit cards over at BofA. Worst case you could get a 300 Dollar secured card from them. Low annual 29 Dollar fee and the ability to add money to the account and raising the credit limit. The card unsecures after 9 months I believe. Check into that. You need to be a bit careful on the back end of unsecuring the card to make sure you get a no annual fee card which has the promise of decent limits down the road. check their website for preapprovals.
Look into the possibility of being added to a GOOD card as an AU if you can. Good luck.
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Good Credit Card for a 551er

First, I would check out my local credit union. And also try to become an AU.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.