Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Credit Cards

What are a few easy to get cards that report to all three burueas?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Good Credit Cards

What is a good credit card depends on your credit profile, debt level, your goals, and income, when you are starting out and no one will give you credit a secured capital one card is good, but as you build credit and get a 600+ score a capital one quicksilver card with a $49 AF is good, but as you enter primeville with a credit score of 680+ and AAoA of a year or more, then Chase freedom or Discover IT are good. If you have a 720+ score and good income and like rewards you may want to consider Amex Blue cash prefered or Chase Saphire Preffered.  At a 740+ US Bank Cash+  is good. 

If you have a lot of credit card debt that you want to BT to a new card then Chase SLATE, or Citi Simplicity with 0% interest deals become good cards.  If you just want freedom to use a card with a great limit and not have to worry about the UTL effecting your score you may think a AMEX charge card is a good card. 

Need some details about you to give better advice. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on what you want from your card... travel rewards? cash back? are you going to carry a balance, using it over seas? 

Navy Federal credit union - if you can get a membership, has by far the best CL's in my experience though that is not much.... my fico is around 630 with collections on my report and the gave me $12,500 to start with, and reports to all 3.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on what you want from your card... travel rewards? cash back? are you going to carry a balance, using it over seas? 

Navy Federal credit union - if you can get a membership, has by far the best CL's in my experience though that is not much.... my fico is around 630 with collections on my report and the gave me $12,500 to start with, and reports to all 3.

I've got a potential way in within the next year -- Hopefully my EQ will be at least where my EX/TU are at that time to get a nice fat limit.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got a potential way in within the next year -- Hopefully my EQ will be at least where my EX/TU are at that time to get a nice fat limit.

My buddy has EQ-580ish, got 7k limit, NFCU is very lenient! Its companies like them, and USAA that make enlisting VERY worth the sacrifice of enlisting.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My buddy has EQ-580ish, got 7k limit, NFCU is very lenient! Its companies like them, and USAA that make enlisting VERY worth the sacrifice of enlisting.

I respecfully disagree with your sentiment towards enlistment vs not enlisting for the benefits.

You should enlist because you want to work and fight for your country if called to do so, the benefits are just gravy on the side. I'll leave it at that.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I respect your disagreement, my argument is that in which i am currently in Afghanistan as i type this... it sucks! i want to go home! maybe im just bitter.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I respect your disagreement, my argument is that in which i am currently in Afghanistan as i type this... it sucks! i want to go home! maybe im just bitter.

Thank you for your service. Indeed it is a sacrifice, but a necessary one.

As someone who was not able enlist due to a medical condition, I just get wound up when someone mentions only wanting to enlist for the benefits it offers, not seeing the big picture.

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I felt the same way in Vietnam but I've always been proud of my service and I thank you for also serving.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.