Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News - Best Buy Mastercard now $0AF

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Good News - Best Buy Mastercard now $0AF

I had this card from back when it was capital one and it had a $39.00 annual fee. I just received a letter today stating that it's transferring to Citi and that they're eliminating the annual fee with this card. I'm sure this is across the board - thought I would share. No need to call to ask for a waiver ;-)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good News - Best Buy Mastercard now $0AF

I received my disclosure last week. My disclosure shows I would still have the fee ($59). I'll be closing the account next year as soon as the fee is charged. 

Message 2 of 9
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

This is not true.

Per Best Buy Employee,

We are still required by law after application should customer be approved for the gold Mastercard to explain the annual fee I wonder why you were taken off? lol

(this is public information)

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 3 of 9
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

hmm..I wonder if maybe they eliminated the $39 AF and decided to just do $0 or $59. Either way, if you call the backdoor numbers you more than likely can get it waived and hold onto the card another year after your next AF hits. I had them waive the first one by escalating on up as high as you can go.

Message 4 of 9
Schism213
Established Member

I am AU on BBMC and the new welcome pack and disclosure showed up in the mail last week. It shows a $59 annual fee. I would cancel this but am on the fence since this card was opened 11/2007. All other cards i have were opened in the last 18 months. That's a big hit to AAoA.

In the garden since 06/11/2013

CapOne Platinum MC $3,000/Discover IT $2,000/WalMart $2,000/BestBuy MC (AU) $900/Target $700/BofA Bank Americard $500

As of 12/13/13 - TU: 698 EXP:699 EQ:660
Message 5 of 9
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

hmm..I wonder if maybe they eliminated the $39 AF and decided to just do $0 or $59. Either way, if you call the backdoor numbers you more than likely can get it waived and hold onto the card another year after your next AF hits. I had them waive the first one by escalating on up as high as you can go.

HSBC always waived the fee, but I've decided that any card that won't give me a permanent fee waiver will be closed. I've had the card since 2006, my scores are 700+, so I see no reason to pay annual fees when I have other cards with no fees. 

Message 6 of 9
adaink
New Visitor

$59.00 annual fee here as well.  This fee combined with a $300 credit limit means that this one is getting closed very soon.

Message 7 of 9
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

My also showed $0 Annual Membership Fee so gonna keep this one open since it's been on the chopping block a few times now.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 8 of 9
ficoguy75
Established Member

I remember seeing a posting about this we're the op posted the letter they recieved, waiving the annual fee. Does anyone know where that posting is? I would really appreciate it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.