Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Read on CC issuers.

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Good Read on CC issuers.

This is a good read.  Some of you may have already seen it but if you haven't take a peek.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Read on CC issuers.

We noticed fewer pre apps a while ago.  time for you to get what you can get while the getting is good.  While banks are alienating their customers, you see an increase in the rush to credit unions. Hopefully, they wont follow suit too quickly.

Fo now I am in wait and see who comes to m mode.  No one anytime soon with that BK sitting there on file, but I am very much satisfied that I have enough to get me through for now
Message 2 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it's good to know that the big boys will not be affected but for the rest of us who knows!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
Yeah, it's good to know that the big boys will not be affected but for the rest of us who knows!

What big BOYS? I'm just sayin that right now if there is any oen thing I need to do, I have the credit to do it.  Don't have to wrry about a comp breaking down or an emergency last minute trip back home.  When I had one card with a small limit that was an issue.

Message 4 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I meant that the people with better credit scores than you and me will have all the good offers and the rest of us ( you and me again) will get the left overs.Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
I meant that the people with better credit scores than you and me will have all the good offers and the rest of us ( you and me again) will get the left overs.Smiley Very Happy

Well you know spec.  that was one reason I was adamant about getting in with a CU.  they are pretty stable when all about us (banks) are losing their minds. 

I will sit.  I will pay my bills on time.  When and if my creditors atart going insane I will quietly move all my accounts to my new CU.  Which is why I thought it would serve me well in the long run

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

after all the years of being turned down for stuff, i'm happy with left overs. doesn't mean i'm content with them though.
Message 7 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I'm not saying we have bad scores or anything. I hope I didn't offend just pointing out that the big boys get the goods even when times are tough in the industry.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-05-2007 08:34 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't think after growing up in my family i can be offended. i'm just saying i'm on the mend. not because of lack of meeting obligations (well at least not totally), just ignorance as to how to play the system.
Message 9 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:

SpecFile wrote:

What big BOYS? I'm just sayin that right now if there is any oen thing I need to do, I have the credit to do it.  Don't have to wrry about a comp breaking down or an emergency last minute trip back home.  When I had one card with a small limit that was an issue.

Hey Brammy you wouldn't mind buying me a new computer with all of your available credit now would you?Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.