cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good and Bad News... But Mainly Good News!

tag
CBattle
Established Member

Good and Bad News... But Mainly Good News!

First of all - I truly appreciate everyone's advice on this forum.  I applied for a Home Depot card early last week and they hit Experian only.  I received the results yesterday and found out the following:

1. My score with EX jumped from 560 to 615 after I was vindicated on an eviction/judgment and PiF 2 CA's (next step to GW them)!
  2. I have had 4 inquiries in the past 2 years but these are still negatively affecting my score
  3. Time since oldest account opened is too recent???  This I find strange because I only have 3 revolvers on my EX CR:  MasterCard opened 07/2009, GECRB opened 06/2008, WFNNB(?) Dormant but opened 05/2006, HSBC lender closed opened 12/2006
  4. Available credit on open bankcard accounts is too low (Even though I have $7,100 combined LOC with 60% combined util)

Should I call Home Depot Credit Services and try and sweet talk my way into their good graces?  Has this worked for anyone else?

Starting 2/27/13 - EQ: 608 (Beacon 5, FICO) ; TU: 566 (Classic 04, FICO) ; EX: 560 (Fair Isaac V2, FICO)
Update 8/14/13 - EQ: 605 (FICO) ; TU: 621 (FICO) ; EX: 605 (FICO)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Good and Bad News... But Mainly Good News!

Bump
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CBattle wrote:

First of all - I truly appreciate everyone's advice on this forum.  I applied for a Home Depot card early last week and they hit Experian only.  I received the results yesterday and found out the following:

1. My score with EX jumped from 560 to 615 after I was vindicated on an eviction/judgment and PiF 2 CA's (next step to GW them)!
  2. I have had 4 inquiries in the past 2 years but these are still negatively affecting my score
  3. Time since oldest account opened is too recent???  This I find strange because I only have 3 revolvers on my EX CR:  MasterCard opened 07/2009, GECRB opened 06/2008, WFNNB(?) Dormant but opened 05/2006, HSBC lender closed opened 12/2006
  4. Available credit on open bankcard accounts is too low (Even though I have $7,100 combined LOC with 60% combined util)

Should I call Home Depot Credit Services and try and sweet talk my way into their good graces?  Has this worked for anyone else?

HD card is backed by Citi and i'm not sure you would have much luck with a recon. A 615 score seems a little low for that card.

What was your overall util. when you applied?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Citi isn't the friendliest of companies to work with in my experience. You might be better off applying for the GE backed Lowes card. Wish you luck either way.

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Citi isn't the friendliest of companies to work with in my experience. You might be better off applying for the GE backed Lowes card. Wish you luck either way.

I agree. It's usually a TU pull and they are awesme with starting CL's and SP CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.