Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good candidate for Barclays auto CLI?

tag
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Good candidate for Barclays auto CLI?

In November I opened up a Barclays Apple card with a $2000CL. I quickly bought an iPad for $700 and paid it off in 2 weeks. In January I bought two plane tickets to Costa Rica for $1075.00 and finished paying it in full today. So I've spent and paid off nearly 2K in the 3+ months I've had the card. If I sock drawer the card now, what do you think my chances of getting an auto CLI are and how soon? At the 6-month mark?

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Good candidate for Barclays auto CLI?

I think you have a good shot at it. I wouldnt request a CLI right at the 6 month mark though, maybe give it a few weeks after the 6 month mark, to see if they give you a hard inq free auto-CLI.

Message 2 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I put a couple of thousand through mine and did not have an auto CLI after 13 months.  I called and asked for one and they did a hard pull.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It's very difficult to know what triggers creditors to give auto CLIs. I'm sure they look at factors like your overall credit picture and income too, in addition to your spend and payment history.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Yeah I can't get a hard inq so if they don't auto me -- oh well. I'll probably never use the card ever again anyways lol. I'd like to PC it into the Priceline or Rewards cards but I doubt that'll happen.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Yeah I can't get a hard inq so if they don't auto me -- oh well. I'll probably never use the card ever again anyways lol. I'd like to PC it into the Priceline or Rewards cards but I doubt that'll happen.

I'm hoping for a 6 month auto-CLI myself. Trying to hold myself from going after Chase until then.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

I got a CLI at 6 months with the Apple Barclays Financing card. I was initially approved for $2300 (was actually instantly approved for less but reconned) and then I have just been paying it down slowly since August. Auto $1k limit increase to $3300 a month or two ago.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened the Barclay's Travelocity Amex card last August.  It's my primary card.  I run all my transaction through it and pay if off each month.  My initial limit was $7,500 and I received a $1,500 auto CLI and the 6 month mark.  I think it's highly likely if you make small purchases and continue to pay if off you get a auto increase with out have to deal with a hard pull.

Message 8 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I got the card when you did, and I've been putting small purchases on it and paying each month. I use it for my iTunes/App Store purchases for my iPad and iPhone, since they're small. If I were you, I would use it for something each month.

I also like that you can pre-schedule the payments, which I have been doing. I don't know what they look at, obviously. But I figured it couldn't hurt that I schedule my payment ahead of time. (Note: I only schedule one month at a time and change the payment amount based on what I've bought that month.) It also helps me to not have to worry that I might miss a month.

It will be interesting to see what happens with our cards. I am hoping for an auto-CLI, too. I am only willing for one HP for a CLI w/Navy in the next couple of months. I figure if I don't see anything w/Barclay's @ 6 mos, then maybe at the year-mark. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.