Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good card for paying bills

tag
spartantx117
Contributor

Good card for paying bills

Ok.. Its been a while since I have been here. Since starting to rebuild my credit a few years ago I have come a long way. I was wondering what everyones opinion on the best card to pay my monthy bills would be. I currently pay off all my cards in full every month except my Lowes and Home Depot which I usually have a small balance on one of there 0% promotions and I have a mower and trailer financed through Sheffield and I pay that loan with a card also just to get a little cash back. My score is well over 750 now... I kinda was wondering if anything better than the 1 percent I get from my Chase Freedom or my Amex BCE.... I was thinking the Citi Double Cash might be my best opition but havent really looked around at cards for a long time. 

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Good card for paying bills

@spartantx117 wrote:

Ok.. Its been a while since I have been here. Since starting to rebuild my credit a few years ago I have come a long way. I was wondering what everyones opinion on the best card to pay my monthy bills would be. I currently pay off all my cards in full every month except my Lowes and Home Depot which I usually have a small balance on one of there 0% promotions and I have a mower and trailer financed through Sheffield and I pay that loan with a card also just to get a little cash back. My score is well over 750 now... I kinda was wondering if anything better than the 1 percent I get from my Chase Freedom or my Amex BCE.... I was thinking the Citi Double Cash might be my best opition but havent really looked around at cards for a long time. 

It seems to me you have the better cards. Your Barclay Rewards card is great for the utilities bills and the Quicksilver is great for the other things.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 4
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@spartantx117 wrote:

It seems to me you have the better cards. Your Barclay Rewards card is great for the utilities bills and the Quicksilver is great for the other things.

DITTO! For other things, I have downloaded the WALLABY App that allows you to see which card you can get the most rewards from depending on where you're shopping and what cards you've loaded to the app.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my QS MC or Double Cash for all non-category spend which includes HH bills.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.