Valued Member

Good experience with Cap 1 CSRs

[ Edited ]

A few weeks ago I got an upgrade offer from Cap One and 11 days ago I decided to accept it. I called the number, had a short wait time and spoke to someone from an American call center (although I don't really care as long as we can understand each other) upgraded my card, the CSR explained all the redemption possibilites and told me my card would be here in 7-10 business days. 

I didn't  pay attention to the days because my old card was earning the miles but friday evening I saw a letter from Cap One reminding me to upgrade my account so I thought that I would call just to make sure everything was ok and check on the status of my card even though it was on the edge of being too early for it to arrive. I called the regular Customer service number and spoke to the rep. She couldn't find a card request with my account and I had to explain to her that I didn't request a new card but was supposed to get one with the upgrade. I was on hold for 5 minutes and was then transferred to the call center in WA where the CSR had the card expedited and I received it today.

I really think they just forgot to order a new card but I'm happy with the way things were handled to rectify the problem.

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Re: Good experience with Cap 1 CSRs

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.