Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good link with info on USA-NFCU Transition

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Good link with info on USA-NFCU Transition

I found this link on USA website with all the details on the merger.

https://www.navyfederal.org/merger/faq.php

Frequently Asked Questions
  • What is an Access Number?
    Like your USA Fed member number, an Access Number is your unique number that identifies your account relationships with Navy Federal. Each member of Navy Federal has a unique access number.
  • How do I locate a Navy Federal Branch?
    Visit www.navyfederal.org and click on our Branch and ATM locator on the homepage.
  • What's the timeline for the merger?
    During October and November:
    — USA Fed members can transfer their accounts to Navy Federal at any USA Fed Branch Office (Overseas begins early November), Navy Federal branch, or by calling 1-877-720-7122. USA Fed members currently overseas can call collect at 1-703-255-8837.
    — USA Fed members will receive communication from Navy Federal regarding their accounts and will be enrolled in Navy Federal's website.

Late December:
    — All USA Fed members will have new Navy Federal Accounts and USA Fed accounts will be transferred to new accounts and closed.
    — All Navy Federal and USA Fed Branch Offices will be operating at full-capacity as Navy Federal and all accounts will be activated and serviced.
  • I use a shared branch today. Will I still be able to do so?
    Navy Federal does not participate in a shared branching network, but members will be able to use over 200 branches worldwide. Former USA Fed members can continue to use shared branches until further notice.
  • How do I get new checks?
    USA Fed members with a checking account will have a new Navy Federal checking account opened 3-4 weeks before the funds are transferred. A letter will be sent with information about their new checking account and how to order FREE personalized checks. A Navy Federal Visa Check Card will also be sent when the new checking account is opened. Free checks can be ordered as soon as the member receives the letter advising them that their Navy Federal checking account has been opened.
  • Can I make USA Fed deposits at a Navy Federal branch?
    USA Fed transactions cannot be processed at Navy Federal branches just yet. When this changes we will be sure to let you know. Until then, continue to conduct your USA Fed business at current USA Fed branches, online or via phone.
  • Can I make Navy Federal deposits at a USA Fed branch?
    Navy Federal transactions cannot be processed at USA Fed branches just yet. When this changes we will be sure to let you know. Until then, continue to conduct your Navy Federal business at current Navy Federal branches, online or via phone.
  • Why did USA Fed merge with Navy Federal?
    To continue to provide the quality service and products all our members are accustomed to. With this merger, we are able to offer an expanded branch network as well as a larger selection of products and services to meet our members' financial needs.
  • How long is this going to take and what does this mean for me?
    The entire merger process will take a number of months to complete. Until then, business will continue as usual. During the transition, we will provide information and updates regarding your accounts and what to expect.
  • Since I am not in the military, can I keep my accounts open?
    Yes, absolutely. All USA Fed members will become Navy Federal members
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.