Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good question??

tag
coroc
Valued Member

Good question??

I'm wondering if u ALWAYS pay credit card and all other loans but NEVER have a job, can u still be approved for high credit limits/high class cards by lying about your income? But having perfect credit standing

On my way! $FG
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good question??

I'm a firm believer that lies will always be brought to light; and those who have sworn the lies will face the penalties and consequences. Is it worth it to try? Not in my book.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1   The truth will out.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coroc wrote:

I'm wondering if u ALWAYS pay credit card and all other loans but NEVER have a job, can u still be approved for high credit limits/high class cards by lying about your income? But having perfect credit standing

my friend does this when he applies for his credit cards. he puts down his income that he'll be making once he starts active duty in the military, his parent's income for household, and his hypothetical future wife's income. I always told him it was too risky but it got him a 10,000 CL on a Citi and 6,000 CL on an Amex Blue Cash. I was denied my Amex Blue Sky eventhough we have almost identical credit scores so who knows? maybe it works and you can get away with it. I still would never try it though.

Message 4 of 18
ezef3ar
Contributor

American Express its constantly. Making review on customers if they ask him for tax records he's a dead mouse and will eventually be banned from American Express for life or at least a couple years it all depends on he's behavior using the card I don't know about citi bank
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezef3ar wrote:
American Express its constantly. Making review on customers if they ask him for tax records he's a dead mouse and will eventually be banned from American Express for life or at least a couple years it all depends on he's behavior using the card I don't know about citi bank

He only uses the card to pay off his credit score monitor, $5 a month. Basically just "sock drawers" the card and keeps it to establish a relationship with Amex. Do you think they will do a random FR if he keeps spending like this and doesn't request a CLI?

Message 6 of 18
ezef3ar
Contributor

It depends you know i don't know if they do random customers interviews but I'm sure they do for credit increases also he should use the card a lil more then just 5 a month maybe 150 to 200 a month and pay in full every bill every month they like to see spending on they're cards.. Especially the one he got Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezef3ar wrote:
It depends you know i don't know if they do random customers interviews but I'm sure they do for credit increases also he should use the card a lil more then just 5 a month maybe 150 to 200 a month and pay in full every bill every month they like to see spending on they're cards.. Especially the one he got Smiley Happy

Yeah he basically has his card set up for the future so he's going to start using them more but for now he literally just started active duty and hasn't received his first paycheck yet. He's been trying to save money since graduation, trying to pay off student loans. It's like a competition between us for Credit Cards and Credit Score, so I was pretty pissed when he got the Blush Cash and I didn't get the Blue Sky. Oh well, going for the CSP now.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

kinda going off topic now sorry OP. Basically my friend did what you're saying and he hasn't faced any consequences so far. So in the end it's your choice, but me personally i wouldn't take the chance.

Message 9 of 18
ezef3ar
Contributor

What are you scores any baddies utilization inquiries. Other credit cards and what limits.. !!!! Lol. You will get it be patience... Post the results of the CSP. And good luck to you i hope you get it
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.