sem1521

Good scores, why no credit?

I would like to apply for new credit cards or store charge accounts but I got denied by Chase so now I am nervous.

TU/EQ/EX are 749/704/689.

I have two open credit cards, Cap One at $1500 and a really annoying Orchard Bank at $300.  Both are $0 balances and I also have a Macy's at $1500 ($0 balance) and a Toyota motor loan with an outstanding balance of $2800.

I had bunch of accounts in charge-off that I got recalled about 2 years ago and now are paid off as of January.  The one problem was with a Citibank acount that was NOT properlly recalled and kept showing a late balance which I finally just paid off in January when I paid off everything else.  I even tried to show them that the other Citibank card I had was recalled correctly and they don't care.

Here's the kicker, I now have two years of late payments on that sh*ty Citibank card because I didn't know that they would keep reporting late payments when there was an overdue balance. EVEN THOUGH I PAID ON TIME FOR 2+ YEARS.  I've called numerous times to explain and they simply won't fix it.  I've sent 5 rounds of correction letters to all three bureaus (Dec-May) and they fix it one month and then Citibank reports it late again and it pops back on.  This is the only thing that is trashing my credit report.  I even started getting letters back from the CBs telling me to stop writing in about this issue.  The balance on that account has been $0 for at least 5-6 months now. 

1) How long will it take for Citibank to stop reporting once an account is closed?  I will write the 3 CBs again to try and get it removed and I'm hoping Citibank will "forget" to respond

2) What cards can I apply for that only look at the credit score and not the actual report.  My scores seem to be pretty good.

* My husband and I have also just bought a house and now we will have a $350K mortgage on our report probably starting in August.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Good scores, why no credit?

all credit cards are going to use a formula that is score plus stuff in reports auto by computer.  You can apply then call the back door number and try a human that you can expain stuff to and they might over ride. I would start with your decline chase and see what they say.
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Good scores, why no credit?

Congrats on the house!
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}