Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good scores, why no credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good scores, why no credit?

I would like to apply for new credit cards or store charge accounts but I got denied by Chase so now I am nervous.

TU/EQ/EX are 749/704/689.

I have two open credit cards, Cap One at $1500 and a really annoying Orchard Bank at $300.  Both are $0 balances and I also have a Macy's at $1500 ($0 balance) and a Toyota motor loan with an outstanding balance of $2800.

I had bunch of accounts in charge-off that I got recalled about 2 years ago and now are paid off as of January.  The one problem was with a Citibank acount that was NOT properlly recalled and kept showing a late balance which I finally just paid off in January when I paid off everything else.  I even tried to show them that the other Citibank card I had was recalled correctly and they don't care.

Here's the kicker, I now have two years of late payments on that sh*ty Citibank card because I didn't know that they would keep reporting late payments when there was an overdue balance. EVEN THOUGH I PAID ON TIME FOR 2+ YEARS.  I've called numerous times to explain and they simply won't fix it.  I've sent 5 rounds of correction letters to all three bureaus (Dec-May) and they fix it one month and then Citibank reports it late again and it pops back on.  This is the only thing that is trashing my credit report.  I even started getting letters back from the CBs telling me to stop writing in about this issue.  The balance on that account has been $0 for at least 5-6 months now. 

1) How long will it take for Citibank to stop reporting once an account is closed?  I will write the 3 CBs again to try and get it removed and I'm hoping Citibank will "forget" to respond

2) What cards can I apply for that only look at the credit score and not the actual report.  My scores seem to be pretty good.

* My husband and I have also just bought a house and now we will have a $350K mortgage on our report probably starting in August.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Good scores, why no credit?

all credit cards are going to use a formula that is score plus stuff in reports auto by computer.  You can apply then call the back door number and try a human that you can expain stuff to and they might over ride. I would start with your decline chase and see what they say.
Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Good scores, why no credit?

Congrats on the house!
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.