Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good set of cards?

tag
Zar
Regular Contributor

Re: Good set of cards?

Thank you Carsalesmn and Smallfry! Yes, I really need a car so I'd probably get a small car loan (I don't know where yet) for both purposes, paying the car and improving my credit history.

Zar Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest penfed for the car loan, unless you can get into navy fcu.
Message 12 of 21
Zar
Regular Contributor

Hi Unknown-entity! Could you please tell me what WaMu's 2 cycle billing is? I heard or read somewhere about it but I really didn't understand it well.

Thank you!

Zar Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 21
Zar
Regular Contributor

Oh! Thank you for the suggestions Imducky! I will take them very much into account.

Zar Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i suggest penfed for the car loan, unless you can get into navy fcu.

Might as well apply for a credit card along with the car loan with Penfed since it utilizes the same inquiry.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have local credit union you could try there for car loan.  The cu's rates are about the same and you can walk in the bank.  Not to negate Penfed.  Sometimes local is best.
Message 16 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you have local credit union you could try there for car loan. The cu's rates are about the same and you can walk in the bank. Not to negate Penfed. Sometimes local is best.

Would you rather play for the Yankees or the Royals?
Message 17 of 21
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Zar wrote:
Hi Unknown-entity! Could you please tell me what WaMu's 2 cycle billing is? I heard or read somewhere about it but I really didn't understand it well.

Thank you!

Zar Smiley Happy

I found this link at bankrate,com.  It explains it far better than I could....lol.  WaMu, Orchard, First Internet Bank and a few others use 2 cyle billing.  It's basically a scam.  But since it's in the terms and conditions that CC holders agreed to when they obtained and used the card, it is legal. 

link edit...lol

Message Edited by unknown_entity on 06-14-2008 07:27 PM
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 18 of 21
Zar
Regular Contributor

Wow! I want to help everyone for all the help and ideas you give me! I didn't think I would get so much information from a simple question! Thank you all really! I will take into account all your suggestions!

Zar Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two-cycle billing is not as bad as it sounds, and doesn't matter for PIFers, anyway.

WaMu has been very, very good to me and lots of other cardholders.  I would never completely exclude an issuer just because they use two-cycle billing.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.