Did you mean: 

Good sign or Bad sign

tag
belvictoria
New Contributor

Good sign or Bad sign

I applied for a Citi Card..

I was declined and thought I'd call for a recon

I spoke to someone that asked about information that showed up on my Ex Credit Report

He said,  "your report shows that you were 90 days late on an account"

I said, "I'm not sure about that, the only thing I can think of is my students loans from '09" and I explained that I thought my student loans were still in deferment at the time but now they are in good standing, he said okay I'm going to say (he rewrote it to sound nice).

Then he said he was going to have someone look at it again and they would let me know in 2 days.

Any thoughts?...feeling like it might be a bad sign because if it was okay they would have placed me on hold then approved..IDK maybe I'm over thinking it. 

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Good sign or Bad sign

@belvictoria wrote:

I spoke to someone that asked about information that showed up on my Ex Credit Report

I said, "I'm not sure about that, the only thing I can think of is my students loans from '09" and I explained that I thought my student loans were still in deferment at the time but now they are in good standing, he said okay I'm going to say (he rewrote it to sound nice).

Then he said he was going to have someone look at it again and they would let me know in 2 days.

Any thoughts?...feeling like it might be a bad sign because if it was okay they would have placed me on hold then approved..IDK maybe I'm over thinking it. 

I wouldn't say it's a bad sign and you still may have a chance Smiley Happy Good luck to you

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 3
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Good sign or Bad sign

@-Wade- wrote:

@belvictoria wrote:

I wouldn't say it's a bad sign and you still may have a chance Smiley Happy Good luck to you

^

Only time can tell, Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.