Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good thing I didn't app for Old Navy in store

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Good thing I didn't app for Old Navy in store

I was about to the last time I was there.

I just looked at their online app, and it says your CR has to be clear of bankrupty.

This info was not on the paper app. at the store.

From what I read the CLs are low anyway.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Good thing I didn't app for Old Navy in store

@pazuzu wrote:

I was about to the last time I was there.

I just looked at their online app, and it says your CR has to be clear of bankrupty.

This info was not on the paper app. at the store.

From what I read the CLs are low anyway.

The card is financed by GE which is actually known to be somewhat BK friendly... If you read it.. it actually says to INCREASE your chances of approval your CR should be cleared of any BKs or seriously delinquent accounts... If you recently had the BK then I wouldn’t go for it.. if your BK was at least 4 years old I would consider applying... BUT only if you didn’t include GE cards in the BK.. Although I have seen people who did include a GE card in a BK and were still able to obtain a GE card again post BK.. years later of course..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
knj601
Established Member

The Amazon store card also has that same disclaimer, but I tried my luck and got approved for $900. I think it just means your chances are better if you haven't had a bankruptcy. It worked out for me though...it's a toss up!

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 3 of 8
indecison
Regular Contributor

My wife and I had a BK 3 years ago and they approved her.

Message 4 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'd say they are BK friendly, as well as CLI friendly... If you have a FICO of 600+, I'd say you're in!!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 8
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

Ok here we go. Yesterday Old Navy had what's called their stuff and save sale. Basically it's 40 percent off everything in the store including clearance items if you use your Old Navy card. In addition, if you open up a new account you get an additional 10 percent off for 60 days. I applied in store. I am 1 year post bk7. I have a 660 TU score which is what GE will pull and I had 21 inquiries! I got approved for 300 on the spot. Called the backdoor underwriter number and asked for 500 as I wanted to take advantage of sale. Immediately approved after asking a few questions and on hold for 2 minutes. Then I signed up for email notifications and got another 20 percent coupon. When I checked out, the cashier initialy said I cannot use the email coupon to stack on top of the other savings. But after speaking to the manager, she was able to override it. My wife and I spent approximately 300 dollars and bought 80 items for a little over 100 dollars. That comes out to a little over 1 dollar per item!!! If I can get approved.... I think you can.

Message 6 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 8
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

I forgot to add that in addition to the discounts, I received three 30 dollar super cash vouchers to use in november. Its 30 dollars off every purchase over 75 dollars plus another 10 percent if you use your card. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.