Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good things happening at Bank Of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good things happening at Bank Of America

Just got a call this morning from a Bank of America Senior Rep. and i was informed the if i wanted to have my card reactivated she would be more then happy to reinstate it with a 5k increase. For those who are unfamiliar with this situation and my RANT about Bank of ScamericaSmiley Surprised They gave me a C.L. haircut of 10k for no reason, or should i say no good reason for me. so i cancel the card.

Fast forward to today and now I have 15k now, my original line plus 5k so this pleases me greatly because i did indeed have my Signature card reactivated. Still angry with them for what they did because they took the T.A.R.P. money...But not to rehash all that just thought i would share this story with everyone as Good things may be happening at Bank Of America.Smiley Wink I'll keep you posted

King

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NinComPoop
Contributor

Re: Good things happening at Bank Of America

Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 11
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If it's a Visa Sig, it doesn't really matter what your CL is anyway.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@athensguy wrote:

It matter's to me..

Message 4 of 11
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

It matter's to me..

Congrats on the reinstatement.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@athensguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

It matter's to me..

Congrats on the reinstatement.

Thank you, you know I never understood this the Signature cards are basically a no-preset spending limit, but you do have a limit on all these card. They base it on income,spending behavior etc. And when they give you a haircut that's really the only time you really know anything about what your limits really are and how far they are willing to let you go out on the rope before they pull you back.

So the way i see it is they all have limits really but the no-preset limit is just cosmetic for better prestige. I could be wrong about this, but something tells me I'm not. But thanks again....It feels good to be righteous again.Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Do they report the limit to the CRB's?

BTW . . . . congrats on the reinstatement . . . Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got a call this morning from a Bank of America Senior Rep. and i was informed the if i wanted to have my card reactivated she would be more then happy to reinstate it with a 5k increase.

Congrats King

Glad to see B of A is putting that Bail Out money to good use.....

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Do they report the limit to the CRB's?

BTW . . . . congrats on the reinstatement . . . Smiley Tongue

On my card they don't. But when they cut my credit line the first time that was when i found out what my limit was on that card. It was obviously 10k because cut me down to 1k and i canceled the card. That's was unacceptable, as i have excellent credit never late ever and always PIF most of the time anyway. But now I'm righteous again.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  My brother was successful in getting his $12k CL restored after being CLD to $6k.  Though he did not cancel, he did call the backdoor number and persisted to get an explanation and then called them on their implausible reasoning and asked for explanations and documentation to support the reasoning.  After 30 minutes, they said, "Mr. txjohn's bro, I am restoring your CL to $12k, you will have access within 2 hours."
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.