Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good week for my rebuilding mission!

tag
ClownFish
New Visitor

Good week for my rebuilding mission!

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a while as I try to dig myself out of credit hell... again. I want to thank everyone who posts here as it is a great resource! I still have a lot of BADDIES on my CR but it looks like things are going in the right direction. I got a car loan from RoadLoans through CarMax about a year ago and I got a secured Cap1 card about 6 months ago and just got an email that my limit was raised $100.

I tried the shopping cart trick a few days ago and was approved for a Buckle card for $250. After reading a lot of posts I tried the pre-auth for a Barclaycard and it just gave me a suggested card, no approval. After reading that some people get approved with just that I gave it a shot and was approved for $500! I have been feeling pretty good so I just decided to press my luck and just got approved for a Quicksilver card for $500 so I am elated. 

My FAKOS are around 600 so I am pretty surprised but I wanted to share my story for other folks who are in the same boat. If anyone has any recommendations for other cards I can try for that are simiar please let me know. I plan on using all of these for around 5% of their limits and hopefully in 6 months I should be in much better shape.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Good week for my rebuilding mission!

Welcome to the forum. Three new TLs is more than enough to bring to the garden. Barclays is usually pretty good with auto CLI's after 6 mos. I would keep your inq's low and your util manageable

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

You've done a great job so far.  Congrats on your new TLs.  Probably time to take a break for 6 mos to a year.  There is always room in the garden, so feel free to join us.

Message 3 of 5
ClownFish
New Visitor

Thanks guys, I am pretty content with these new TL's. I would love to be able to refi my car loan but I think that wont happen because of LTV since I added a warranty. I did apply to join DCU and they approved me pending my DL which I sent in.

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck with DCU. Their auto rates are pretty good too.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.