Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye CITIBANK secured !!

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodbye CITIBANK secured !!

I went for it because I wanted an in with CITI and was curious as to the product it would morph into once unsecured. I was not curious enough to wait another year!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice,,, thank you for this post, i am new in america and have a checking and savings account with citibank,,, i wasted 1 month  waiting just to know i was denied for a secured credit card because my bank relationship manager did not know that i will be denied if no ssn or tin and still submiited the application with my passport number, come after a week my tin number arrived from irs so we applied again, waiting for 7 days now , called them and the lady told me its denied , i asked the reason why and she said she cant disclose the reason, and just hang up... (unprofessional) call again today but the machine tells the application is pending... is that really mean its denied? if they deny it is it worth to recon? if not then i will pull out my money there and deposit with my BOA WHO TRUSTED ME WITHOUT SSN OR TIN , they gave me checking and secured card with 1500$ limit.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing with my WF secured card in 2015. Was my only card and I kept it perfect for 18 mo.... finally I said screw it and closed it-then I got $5k-10k cards off cold apps the same day.

Good move IMO.

Citi hates me actually. I had debated getting a secured card just to get in with them but with all the threads on read on this for citi I will pass. Thought I was dumb anyway for thinking about it. I just really want the Dc card and my EX isn't going to be clean til Aug and despite others getting approved with lower scores than mine I always get the denial.... for a late payment 6.5 years ago. Lol
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.