Did you mean: 

Goodbye Capital One

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodbye Capital One

@myjourney wrote:

@parkbuilder wrote:

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

Just for conversation sake consider this 

Chase HP CLI

Amex 3X CLI no auto luv but SP are great

Barclay Auto but if you ask HP

Discover SP and HP 

CAP1 you ask SP 

So what makes CAP1 any different then any other lender? You either ask or you don't? Every lender has their own way of doing things. 

So you would rather SD a card that could get you 1.5% and use a card that gives you 1% because they won't just say hey you deserve a raise?

Just my view of course but credit is about more than just a card and part of that is how the card benefits and or rewards you.

My problem with capital one is that anyone other than the eo doesnt know a thing. The chat feature might as well be disabled they are useless. The backdoor numbers are like talking to robots. But i do agree getting 1.5% back and sp cli is pretty good even though one would have to go thru the eo.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@parkbuilder wrote:

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

Chase HP CLI

Discover SP and HP 

CAP1 you ask SP 

So what makes CAP1 any different then any other lender? You either ask or you don't? Every lender has their own way of doing things. 

So you would rather SD a card that could get you 1.5% and use a card that gives you 1% because they won't just say hey you deserve a raise?

Just my view of course but credit is about more than just a card and part of that is how the card benefits and or rewards you.

My problem with capital one is that anyone other than the eo doesnt know a thing. The chat feature might as well be disabled they are useless. The backdoor numbers are like talking to robots. But i do agree getting 1.5% back and sp cli is pretty good even though one would have to go thru the eo.

Agreed about front end CAP1 CSR's 

But others also have issues as well 

Some call centers are outsourced 

Some don't tell you it will be a HP until its over and still you get denied etc etc 

So my point is in one way or another they all have issues or other ways of doing thing TRUE?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@parkbuilder wrote:

Chase HP CLI

Discover SP and HP 

CAP1 you ask SP 

Agreed about front end CAP1 CSR's 

But others also have issues as well 

Some call centers are outsourced 

Some don't tell you it will be a HP until its over and still you get denied etc etc 

So my point is in one way or another they all have issues or other ways of doing thing TRUE?

I am sure others have issues but cap one is the worst ive dealt with. the only other two ive called are boa, and barclay and they both knew a lot more and actually had a brain.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 13 of 14
kroberts67
Established Contributor

They finally erked me enough today to sock drawer it.  I got nowhere with a rep that didn't know what he was looking at and then a mgr who didn't do much better although I have to say, they remain SO polite.  I used the chat box;  I dont know if the FB team would have had better results or not.  I thought they were "no hassel" but their rewards are not worth the hassle I went through today, especially with the measly credit line I have.  Loved that they gave me a shot when rebuilding but if they could not release a pending hold for something that has clearly posted (something my CU can do in a flash) then I'm done, too.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.