Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Capital One

tag
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

Goodbye Capital One

Capital One was great following my Chapter 7 BK. They approved me for two cards and enrolled me in the credit steps program. However since the CLI I have gotten absolutely no love from them at all. Very frustrated with low limits, I applied for a Barclay's Rewards Card. I was approved with a much higher limit and lower APR. Your loss Capital One. Looks like your card is going in the sock drawer.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Goodbye Capital One

We preach and preach 

Contact EO for cap1 CLI's and it may end up your go to card YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@parkbuilder wrote:

Capital One was great following my Chapter 7 BK. They approved me for two cards and enrolled me in the credit steps program. However since the CLI I have gotten absolutely no love from them at all. Very frustrated with low limits, I applied for a Barclay's Rewards Card. I was approved with a much higher limit and lower APR. Your loss Capital One. Looks like your card is going in the sock drawer.

Good for you! I really like the barclays rewards card dont forget about the free fico! I too am getting very fed up with capital one I cant even get them to approve me for a regualr credit card even though they gave me 300 unsecured increase on my secured card. Im still waiting to hear back if they can override my application for the quicksliver card but I have no faith in the EO office they have never done anything good for me. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 3 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

+1 @ myjourney i called capitol one eo they switched me to quicksilver 1,.5% across the board and i have barclay as well. i would suggest calling them and requesting cli, lower apr, no af, and cli as barclay only gives 1% on everything thats not gas groceries or a utility bill

Message 4 of 14
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@+1 @ myjourney i called capitol one eo they switched me to quicksilver 1,.5% across the board and i have barclay as well. i would suggest calling them and requesting cli, lower apr, no af, and cli as barclay only gives 1% on everything thats not gas groceries or a utility bill

+1 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parkbuilder wrote:

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

Just for conversation sake consider this 

Chase HP CLI

Amex 3X CLI no auto luv but SP are great

Barclay Auto but if you ask HP

Discover SP and HP 

CAP1 you ask SP 

So what makes CAP1 any different then any other lender? You either ask or you don't? Every lender has their own way of doing things. 

So you would rather SD a card that could get you 1.5% and use a card that gives you 1% because they won't just say hey you deserve a raise?

Just my view of course but credit is about more than just a card and part of that is how the card benefits and or rewards you.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@parkbuilder wrote:

Love that!! I agree with you parkbuilder I dumped Cap 1 a few months ago...I want a PARTNER with my CC companies. I understand that everyone has their own needs and for some here Cap 1 is great - I have not had that experience with them and I have dealt with a lot of CC companies throughout the years. I found them VERY "leavable
" they never seemed to care about my account. I say good for you, you don't need them!

Message 8 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

its your choice, however by not making the call you will be costing yourself.5%. while this low number may not sound like a lot, if you spend $8,000 a year on the barclay vs capitol one card it comes out to $400.00. I will admit i have sometimes went to great lengths to mess with capitol one for the same reason you cite you just need to keep in mind they are loaning you money not the other way around.

edit...i am a business major not an accountant

Message 9 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@parkbuilder wrote:

I didn't realize sending an email or making a call constitutes jumping through hoops. I just got a capital one cli and it was simple and required no hp. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.