parkbuilder

Goodbye Capital One

Capital One was great following my Chapter 7 BK. They approved me for two cards and enrolled me in the credit steps program. However since the CLI I have gotten absolutely no love from them at all. Very frustrated with low limits, I applied for a Barclay's Rewards Card. I was approved with a much higher limit and lower APR. Your loss Capital One. Looks like your card is going in the sock drawer.

500Starting Score: EQ 564 EX 582 TU 620
Current Score: SAME
Goal Score: 650 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Goodbye Capital One

We preach and preach 

Contact EO for cap1 CLI's and it may end up your go to card YMMV

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
bigblue7722

parkbuilder wrote:

Capital One was great following my Chapter 7 BK. They approved me for two cards and enrolled me in the credit steps program. However since the CLI I have gotten absolutely no love from them at all. Very frustrated with low limits, I applied for a Barclay's Rewards Card. I was approved with a much higher limit and lower APR. Your loss Capital One. Looks like your card is going in the sock drawer.

Good for you! I really like the barclays rewards card dont forget about the free fico! I too am getting very fed up with capital one I cant even get them to approve me for a regualr credit card even though they gave me 300 unsecured increase on my secured card. Im still waiting to hear back if they can override my application for the quicksliver card but I have no faith in the EO office they have never done anything good for me. 

TU08 Fico Score (689)-Goal Score-(750)
AMEX PRG NPSL,CSP $6000, AMEX BCE $5000, Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Capital One Quicksliver $3500,Chase Freedom $3200, Discover it $3000,Paypal smart connect $3000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $2900
Valued Contributor
juggalo9er

+1 @ myjourney i called capitol one eo they switched me to quicksilver 1,.5% across the board and i have barclay as well. i would suggest calling them and requesting cli, lower apr, no af, and cli as barclay only gives 1% on everything thats not gas groceries or a utility bill

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart lowes, quicksilver, nasa, forum, Indiana members, nfcu, Barclay, upromise

id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC" width="50" border="0">
parkbuilder

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

500Starting Score: EQ 564 EX 582 TU 620
Current Score: SAME
Goal Score: 650 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

juggalo9er wrote:

+1 @ myjourney i called capitol one eo they switched me to quicksilver 1,.5% across the board and i have barclay as well. i would suggest calling them and requesting cli, lower apr, no af, and cli as barclay only gives 1% on everything thats not gas groceries or a utility bill

+1 

Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

parkbuilder wrote:

I've been a loyal customer for two years always being responsible and paying accounts on time. I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to get the CLI that i deserve. I don't fight with any other creditor and will not with Capital One either.

Just for conversation sake consider this 

Chase HP CLI

Amex 3X CLI no auto luv but SP are great

Barclay Auto but if you ask HP

Discover SP and HP 

CAP1 you ask SP 

So what makes CAP1 any different then any other lender? You either ask or you don't? Every lender has their own way of doing things. 

So you would rather SD a card that could get you 1.5% and use a card that gives you 1% because they won't just say hey you deserve a raise?

Just my view of course but credit is about more than just a card and part of that is how the card benefits and or rewards you.

Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Established Contributor
odd_dog

parkbuilder wrote:

Love that!! I agree with you parkbuilder I dumped Cap 1 a few months ago...I want a PARTNER with my CC companies. I understand that everyone has their own needs and for some here Cap 1 is great - I have not had that experience with them and I have dealt with a lot of CC companies throughout the years. I found them VERY "leavable
" they never seemed to care about my account. I say good for you, you don't need them!

Valued Contributor
juggalo9er

[ Edited ]

its your choice, however by not making the call you will be costing yourself.5%. while this low number may not sound like a lot, if you spend $8,000 a year on the barclay vs capitol one card it comes out to $400.00. I will admit i have sometimes went to great lengths to mess with capitol one for the same reason you cite you just need to keep in mind they are loaning you money not the other way around.

edit...i am a business major not an accountant

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart lowes, quicksilver, nasa, forum, Indiana members, nfcu, Barclay, upromise

id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC" width="50" border="0">
Valued Contributor
red259

parkbuilder wrote:

I didn't realize sending an email or making a call constitutes jumping through hoops. I just got a capital one cli and it was simple and required no hp. 

Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 730 6/27/14
Goal Score: 800 In garden until 1/2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}