Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Cash+ Bookstore Category, Hello Utilities

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodbye Cash+ Bookstore Category, Hello Utilities

I just got a Citi Doublecash in January and no more than 2 inquiries showing on any credit bureau report (only my 1 doublecash inquiry within the past year). Chances of me getting approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card?

The real subject here: Credit to user "Dinosaur" in the "News" forum is that Doctor of Credit stated as of April 1st, 2018 the bookstore category will be no more and will be replaced with "Utilities". Unfortunantly I never knew of the bookstore Amazon deal until it was too late (since it's now apparently disappearing)

This month's statement says the same thing.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-cash-home-utilities-replace-bookstores-5-category-april-1st-...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodbye Cash+ Bookstore Category, Hello Utilities

The utilities category is still possible to max out if you prepay your gas/electricity/etc bills. At least in my area, they charge a flat fee of a few dollars for each transaction, no matter how much you pay. With 5% return just pay the maximum they allow you to pay.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I just got a Citi Doublecash in January and no more than 2 inquiries showing on any credit bureau report (only my 1 doublecash inquiry within the past year). Chances of me getting approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card?

The real subject here: Credit to user "Dinosaur" in the "News" forum is that Doctor of Credit stated as of April 1st, 2018 the bookstore category will be no more and will be replaced with "Utilities". Unfortunantly I never knew of the bookstore Amazon deal until it was too late (since it's now apparently disappearing)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-cash-home-utilities-replace-bookstores-5-category-april-1st-...

With your scores and minimal inquires, I’d expect you’d be a great candidate for an approval on the Chase Amazon Prime Signature card.  You’re likely getting this for the 5% back on Amazon purchases. Just keep in mind it takes a 5/24 slot, if approved. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

With your scores and minimal inquires, I’d expect you’d be a great candidate for an approval on the Chase Amazon Prime Signature card.  You’re likely getting this for the 5% back on Amazon purchases. Just keep in mind it takes a 5/24 slot, if approved. 

What is a 5/24 slot? I just applied and got a 30 day message. Called backdoor number and verified identity and was told I'd get a letter in 1-2 weeks regarding my application. My Citi DoubleCash went basically the same way.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase won't approve you for their specific cards if you have at least 5 new accounts in the most recent 24 months. A 5/24 slot taken basically means one new account.

According to old datapoints Amazon cards don't have this 5/24 rule so far, so most likely don't have to consider 5/24 slots.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Chase won't approve you for their specific cards if you have at least 5 new accounts in the most recent 24 months. A 5/24 slot taken basically means one new account.

According to old datapoints Amazon cards don't have this 5/24 rule so far, so most likely don't have to consider 5/24 slots.

This card is not subject to 5/24 (can be approved after 5/24) but an approval on this card does remove a slot for cards that are subject to 5/24.  Essentially, if one is strategizing their card lineup, the Chase Amazon card is one that could be had later on down the line. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.