Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Chase and Orchard!

tag
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Goodbye Chase and Orchard!

So I am "upgrading" my credit cards because I am tired of my LOW CLs from Chase ($200) and Orchard ($500).  I have had both accounts over two years and have not been approved for a single CLI.  I requested CLI from both today, for the final time, and was denied by both.  They are both going into my sock drawer and I don't know if they will see the light of day again.

I am replacing Chase with my new BoA that has a $2.5k CL.  What type of card should I replace my Orchard card with?  You can see my FICO scores in my sig.  EX and EQ have no baddies and TU has one baddie.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodbye Chase and Orchard!

@BGMWPD320 wrote:
So I am "upgrading" my credit cards because I am tired of my LOW CLs from Chase ($200) and Orchard ($500). I have had both accounts over two years and have not been approved for a single CLI. I requested CLI from both today, for the final time, and was denied by both. They are both going into my sock drawer and I don't know if they will see the light of day again.
I am replacing Chase with my new BoA that has a $2.5k CL. What type of card should I replace my Orchard card with? You can see my FICO scores in my sig. EX and EQ have no baddies and TU has one baddie.

Which card do you have with Chase? I was denied for the ChaseFreedom card and I called the recon # and the analyst approved me and matched the card w/ a 1.5k CL as one of my other cards. maybe they can match your BOFA card Smiley Happy who knows!

I officially hate HSBC and Orchard- burn the card!!!!!!yeahhhhhh!! I can't wait to that to get rid of my orchard card!

Message Edited by preci0uz on 07-26-2008 05:58 PM
Message 2 of 5
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

It is just a regular Chase MC. 
Message 3 of 5
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Cabelas Club Visa pulls EQ and My Mom got a $6000 credit limit with a similar score, I think she was at 710.  It's not a bad card either.  Great customer service and the fees are lower than most banks.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 5
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

@BGMWPD320 wrote:
It is just a regular Chase MC.

I would just apply for the chase freedom (since you get an instant response) and if it says denied or a small credit limit- call the recon number and they will approve you or increase your line.

If you have any baddies you will have to explain to them.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.