Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye First Premier, HELLO NFCU!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodbye First Premier, HELLO NFCU!

I've been racking my brain for the last two weeks, trying to find an "in" with Navy. Yesterday I remembered that DW's mom works at Tripler Army Medical Hospital through a contractor. I jumped on Navy's site and sure enough, it looked like it would qualify. I waited for DW to get home from work. Had her call up and open up a joint account for us. Now I've been wanting in with NFCU because I know that they're BK friendly, have great service, and give great CL's. Well, all of that was proved true last night. The reps were a complete joy to work with. They never even mentioned the BK. And, they approved us for a $7K nRewards Visa! Holy hell! We have tons of inquiries right now, I still have a few baddies that are supposed to be marked as IIB, but are violating right now. Together, our combined CL's total $4120 between about 8 cards. Only $2620 of that was actually reporting at the time, and we were reporting 40% utilization because all of our cards are being slow to report.

Wow. Just wow. DW couldn't figure out why I wanted in there so bad, and why I made her call as soon as she walked in the door. NOW she knows!

Time for serious garden mode now Smiley Happy Thanks to the members of this board for helping us get our credit where it is so far, and pointing us to NFCU. They've got all of our business now. Moving our banking, cars, and mortgage there as soon as we can.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodbye First Premier, HELLO NFCU!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 23
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As for First Premier, did you toss their prestigious card in the shredder? Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Shred it two times! Feels much better!

Congrats...

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Somehow, I'm sure that you'll manage to muddle along without that FP card. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 23
Datx
Valued Contributor

Awesome, congrats! I'm sure you will be happy with NFCU.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. So far, I'm very pleased. I wish I could access my account and get that all set-up, so that's the only hitch I've found so far.

As for FP, my AF is due in January. I'm going to keep them open until then and run a bill on autopay each month, just to have some usage and report a few more payments. But it will be hitting the shredder before they try to charge me an AF again!

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree that waiting for the online account access is a pain. Since I just had my membership approved yesterday, I called today about the online access (hoping it would be faster if they set it up over the phone), but she said they still have to mail me an activation letter with the instructions, which takes 5+ business days.

Message 8 of 23
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Hi AndyK,

Did you have to jump through a lot of hoops to have your membership approved?  Your post motivated me to apply for membership.  I'm biting my nails until I get approved.  I hope it goes smoothly.  Of course I sent in a deposit as part of the online application process.  That always greases the wheels, at least I hope.

I'm not applying for a card, simply for membership and a savings/checking account.

*sorry, I meant to say that it was stangg's post that motivated me.  I've been following the thread with great interest.

Not applicable

If I work for a construction contractor and we do work on the local Air Force base does that mean I would be eligbile? I may just call the 800 number but from what the elibility wizard says I think I might be.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.