Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye First Premier, HELLO NFCU!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Goodbye First Premier, HELLO NFCU!

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been racking my brain for the last two weeks, trying to find an "in" with Navy. Yesterday I remembered that DW's mom works at Tripler Army Medical Hospital through a contractor. I jumped on Navy's site and sure enough, it looked like it would qualify. I waited for DW to get home from work. Had her call up and open up a joint account for us. Now I've been wanting in with NFCU because I know that they're BK friendly, have great service, and give great CL's. Well, all of that was proved true last night. The reps were a complete joy to work with. They never even mentioned the BK. And, they approved us for a $7K nRewards Visa! Holy hell! We have tons of inquiries right now, I still have a few baddies that are supposed to be marked as IIB, but are violating right now. Together, our combined CL's total $4120 between about 8 cards. Only $2620 of that was actually reporting at the time, and we were reporting 40% utilization because all of our cards are being slow to report.

Wow. Just wow. DW couldn't figure out why I wanted in there so bad, and why I made her call as soon as she walked in the door. NOW she knows!

Time for serious garden mode now Smiley Happy Thanks to the members of this board for helping us get our credit where it is so far, and pointing us to NFCU. They've got all of our business now. Moving our banking, cars, and mortgage there as soon as we can.

I enjoyed reading your post.  Congrats to you all!!

Message 21 of 23
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Congratualtions on that very high credit limit.  May it be the start of "big things" (big credit lines) for you and your wife.

They pulled a TU report for me in the middle of the night last night , or at least that is the timestamp on it - maybe it was anytime yesterday for all I know (I'm neurotic, I know - but aren't we all here?)  I did not apply for a cc, only for checking and savings accounts and I authorized $10 to be sent over from my USAA checking to open that.

Is that typical, that they check credit just to open an account and grant membership?  I'm still chewing my nails over whether I'll get membership.  I did find out as of yesterday morning that I have an access number assigned to me.  It was supplied (when I filled out the form checking on its existencet) with the message that I should wait for something to come in the mail to enable me to sign up for online access.  They have not taken the money out of my USAA checking account, as of this morning.

Not applicable

If you have an access number, you're in. Yes, they pull credit for opening anything, including share and draft.

This will definitely open some doors down the line. Around Christmas shopping time I'll try to get them to up it to $10k.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.