Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Orchard Bank

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Goodbye Orchard Bank

I finally kicked Orchard Bank out of my wallet.  My 2 year anniversary is nearly up and I fully refused to pay the $79 AF.  The countered with lowering the fee to $39, which I promptly denied.  I explained how my scores are way too high and I would settle for no less than no AF and a CLI.  They offered a CLI but didn't budge on the AF.   I knew what I was getting into when I got it, but I wish they would have done it so I don't have to close an account, but at a $320 limit I am all set, especially since my Amex limit will be $6000 next month. don't be afraid to ditch these sheisters when you can.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodbye Orchard Bank

what was your utilization in the months leading up to ditching them? I wonder if it would be a good idea to use it at a 30% utilization rate before demanindg they drop the AF and/or raise your CL.  I'm thinking of ditching Capital One at some point in 2013 -- I pay a $36 AF with a $2,000 credit limit -- but before doing so I will try to get them to drop the AF. If not -- adios.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
DVH1980
Contributor

Such a nice feeling kicking the builders. I remember when i would just about beg for one. How do you know your Amex will be 6k next month?

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

RIP   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

I finally kicked Orchard Bank out of my wallet.  My 2 year anniversary is nearly up and I fully refused to pay the $79 AF.  The countered with lowering the fee to $39, which I promptly denied.  I explained how my scores are way too high and I would settle for no less than no AF and a CLI.  They offered a CLI but didn't budge on the AF.   I knew what I was getting into when I got it, but I wish they would have done it so I don't have to close an account, but at a $320 limit I am all set, especially since my Amex limit will be $6000 next month. don't be afraid to ditch these sheisters when you can.

would you mind to share your step to step process of all your credit card after the orchard bank open ?  thanks ........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

to the shredder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.