Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Goodbye Synch, blue envelope strikes again

Just wanted to share some data points that the blue envelope is rearing its ghastly face again. I will include some specific info below, I probably had it coming Smiley Wink not really to upset about other than a large utilization loss. I of course declined the full prostate exam and called to close all of my accounts earlier today, the CSR did not even care except for one who did not even question me when I told her why I was closing the response "I understand completely".

Lots of new accounts

Lots of Inquiries

Had the Amazon Card, Chevron Card, CareCredit, Lowe's, Ritani, and CheapOair visa. 

EX: 745 TU: 753 EQ: 720
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Goodbye Synch, blue envelope strikes again

Did you have large limits?

Only reason I don't apply for synch accounts is because they don't even have a mobile app.
Valued Contributor

interesting...

I have CareCredit, Marvel, and Amazon. If i get a blue envelope, there ALL gone!

I just don't want to hassle with it.  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Valued Contributor

tydawg wrote:

Just wanted to share some data points that the blue envelope is rearing its ghastly face again. I will include some specific info below, I probably had it coming Smiley Wink not really to upset about other than a large utilization loss. I of course declined the full prostate exam and called to close all of my accounts earlier today, the CSR did not even care except for one who did not even question me when I told her why I was closing the response "I understand completely".

Lots of new accounts

Lots of Inquiries

Had the Amazon Card, Chevron Card, CareCredit, Lowe's, Ritani, and CheapOair visa. 

So sorry to hear. If you don't ind me asking, how many new accounts and how many inq's...thanks!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) J Crew(5.6k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 722(15) EQ 688(17)TU 717(18) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=179,950
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I can gather, they seem to exclusively target cardholders with multiple accounts.

Established Contributor

I'll never understand their approach on this. Sure seems as if they ostracize likely a good paying group and cost themselves money in the end. Instead of approving all the accounts, why don't they flag the new account and decline it from the start so they aren't shutting down all accounts for someone thus losing a customer!?

Just doesn't seem business smart but who knows. I'm guessing they have stats that show a higher probability of default from people who stack accounts. Still though, there has to be a better way.
In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Established Contributor

Falere wrote:

From what I can gather, they seem to exclusively target cardholders with multiple accounts.

So does Comenity. This is why I am going to think long and hard before opening more than two or three accounts with either Synchrony or Comenity - not that they have that many cards I'm really that interested in anyway (Synch: Amazon [which I have], Walmart, Marvel Mastercard; Comenity: Overstock [which I got a preapproval offer for last night that I'm thinking about right now - see my thread elsewhere], Paypal Credit). There's a good deal of anecdotal evidence in Comenity's case that they go after people who've opened a lot of cards with the so-called Shopping Cart Trick, too.

Rebuilding credit since 12/14 Ch7 BK discharge. FICO 9/13/17:TU 658/EX 694/EQ 688 FICO 8 or 667 FICO 9 (Penfed), VS 3.0 9/13/17: TU 704/EX 684/EQ 697. $800 Amazon Prime Store Card, $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $1200 Walmart Store Card, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $3600 Discover It, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden as of 7/2/17 AND THIS TIME I REALLY MEAN IT!!! (unless I get a preapproval I can't refuse...)
Senior Contributor

Dang sorry to hear Tydawg. Can you add any more info. What limits did you have, when did you open each card, etc. Did you try opening more Sync accounts recently and if so , how many? When you reference too many inqs and new accounts, are you referencing too many cli requests or inqs for new cards. Thanks Ty for any additional info.
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

thankfully, I was done with my major app spree days before all this started

5 Sync  accounts

Sam's Club,  10000   balance by end of month 0

Walmart   10009         zero balance

Paypal     7500           balance by end of month less than 200 

Lowes    10000          zero balance

Amazon    5900         balance by end of month 0

all at least 4 years old..  my goal these days is to get no more than 1-2 cards/HP every 6-7 months, anything more and my score takes too big of hit,   the first HP has little or no impact on my score, my TU actually went up 2 points when I did a HP for a marcus loan, go figure probably just the results of improved UTL and AAoA. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 10k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freedom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 9k, Discover IT 16k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 5/15/2017 Marcus Loan. 30k
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Jamesdwi, lol, how in the heck did you get a cl of 10009 on your Wally? Thats crazy , never seen that beforeSmiley Wink

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.