Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Synch, blue envelope strikes again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodbye Synch, blue envelope strikes again

Congratulations on a positive outcome GTC! I have to admit my eyes popped when I saw that information - 60 inquiries?! 29 accounts?! - but I'm glad you got it sorted out with Synchrony and got back to normal business with those accounts. It's a lesson to me to be careful, moderate and deliberate when rebuilding.

Message 31 of 34
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to share some data points that the blue envelope is rearing its ghastly face again. I will include some specific info below, I probably had it coming Smiley Wink not really to upset about other than a large utilization loss. I of course declined the full prostate exam and called to close all of my accounts earlier today, the CSR did not even care except for one who did not even question me when I told her why I was closing the response "I understand completely".

Lots of new accounts

Lots of Inquiries

Had the Amazon Card, Chevron Card, CareCredit, Lowe's, Ritani, and CheapOair visa. 

If you don't mind me asking, what happened the first time?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late replies everyone I have been on vacation. I have not been blue enveloped before I was just refering to others that had. I was not carrying any balances on any cards, the only thing unusually was that perhaps it was a red flag that I had made a double payment to the CheapOcard before the statement even cut. I am OCD about cards reporting balances. My overall util before the blue envelope was 4%, Also worthy of note is that I am relatively new to credit, I am 19 so most of my accounts have not had time to age. 

Message 33 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for updating TyDawg! Hope you enjoyed your vacation and great to see you naking good credit habits. Im wondering if they hit you up with the blue considering your age. They probably see your age and income and want to verify. The only thing that makes any kind of sense to me. Making 2 payments before a statement cuts shouldnt shut down Sync lol, but i guess we will never know.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.