Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

tag
ali5541
Valued Member

Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

Hey everyone!

Like many others, I roam the boards continuously and read up on peoples situations with the CC companies. One situation that hasn't received too much attention is with AMEX.

After finally pulling the trigger in August of last year for the AMEX Zync, I was approved with a counter offer, I took the $500 limit with auto-pay. Two days ago, I pulled the trigger with AMEX again for the BCP and got the dreaded wait notice (I applied over the phone with a rep). I got notification last evening that I was declined. I went to view the reason why and it stated that since I had the AMEX Zync card with a spending limit, I can't get any other AMEX products. I spoke with a customer service rep and she said that the Zync isn't the reason and gave me the number to the AMEX credit bureau and asked me to speak to them on Monday.

I figured I will try the exec office instead. Anyone had this problem before and was able to rectify it? Earlier in the month, I did apply for the Chase Amazon and was approved after recon. Got a sweet limit of 1.5K but it isn't my first Chase CC. I have a 4.5K Freedom. I can shed more light if needed.

Thanks for any tips!

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

I did read post on here that AMEX Zync card members with a hard limit have this same problem. If I were you I would apply for another charge card and go that route first and build the relationship from there. The good thing is that AMEX shouldnt have pulled your credit for the BCP. But all cases are different so YMMV.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 25
ycm
Established Member

+1 with emphasis on ymmv

Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 3 of 25
shakalaka
Established Contributor

From what I have heard, you will not be approved if you have a ZYNC with hard limit. You have to close it first.

Having a ZYNC with NPSL is another picture. Your chances are much better. I was approved for BCE with having a ZYNC NPSL.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

So wait, I can apply for another charge card while I have the hard limit on the zync card?

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 5 of 25
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ali5541 wrote:

Hey everyone!

Like many others, I roam the boards continuously and read up on peoples situations with the CC companies. One situation that hasn't received too much attention is with AMEX.

After finally pulling the trigger in August of last year for the AMEX Zync, I was approved with a counter offer, I took the $500 limit with auto-pay. Two days ago, I pulled the trigger with AMEX again for the BCP and got the dreaded wait notice (I applied over the phone with a rep). I got notification last evening that I was declined. I went to view the reason why and it stated that since I had the AMEX Zync card with a spending limit, I can't get any other AMEX products. I spoke with a customer service rep and she said that the Zync isn't the reason and gave me the number to the AMEX credit bureau and asked me to speak to them on Monday.

I figured I will try the exec office instead. Anyone had this problem before and was able to rectify it? Earlier in the month, I did apply for the Chase Amazon and was approved after recon. Got a sweet limit of 1.5K but it isn't my first Chase CC. I have a 4.5K Freedom. I can shed more light if needed.

Thanks for any tips!

IMO, you should believe the reason. 

Message 6 of 25
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Nope, I have the NPSL ZYNC. If you have one with hard limit, you most certainly need to cancel it first.

Message 7 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i have a hard limit on mine. 

i jokingly applied for a bce on new years. 

letter said i had a 721 score but i have other factors that got me denied. 

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 25
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 

Interesting. Still I think the internal score with Amexco will take a hit with the hard limit. It is hard to spent a lot of money with having the hard limit. But good luck next time.

Message 9 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

Interesting. Still I think the internal score with Amexco will take a hit with the hard limit. It is hard to spent a lot of money with having the hard limit. But good luck next time.

is there a place where you can find your internal risk score? 

im assuming the credit secure is an internal? 

last pull i did on the 15th was 725 across all three reports. 

my aaoa was only 8 months so that was one of the factors. oldest account 2.3 years (10 ccs reporting)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.