cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

tag
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

@creditnocash wrote:

@shakalaka wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

i have a hard limit on mine. 

i jokingly applied for a bce on new years. 

letter said i had a 721 score but i have other factors that got me denied. 

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 

Interesting. Still I think the internal score with Amexco will take a hit with the hard limit. It is hard to spent a lot of money with having the hard limit. But good luck next time.

is there a place where you can find your internal risk score? 

im assuming the credit secure is an internal? 

last pull i did on the 15th was 725 across all three reports. 

my aaoa was only 8 months so that was one of the factors. oldest account 2.3 years (10 ccs reporting)

Nope, the internal risk score wth Amexco is never ever published anywhere. We only know, that there may be something like that ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 11 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

Well, it only means one thing for me. I'll talk to them tomorrow and see what's up. If nothing can be done, I'll close my Zync and test my luck in another two-three months.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 12 of 25
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Good luck, keep us updated please.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 13 of 25
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@ali5541 wrote:

Hey everyone!

Like many others, I roam the boards continuously and read up on peoples situations with the CC companies. One situation that hasn't received too much attention is with AMEX.

After finally pulling the trigger in August of last year for the AMEX Zync, I was approved with a counter offer, I took the $500 limit with auto-pay. Two days ago, I pulled the trigger with AMEX again for the BCP and got the dreaded wait notice (I applied over the phone with a rep). I got notification last evening that I was declined. I went to view the reason why and it stated that since I had the AMEX Zync card with a spending limit, I can't get any other AMEX products. I spoke with a customer service rep and she said that the Zync isn't the reason and gave me the number to the AMEX credit bureau and asked me to speak to them on Monday.

I figured I will try the exec office instead. Anyone had this problem before and was able to rectify it? Earlier in the month, I did apply for the Chase Amazon and was approved after recon. Got a sweet limit of 1.5K but it isn't my first Chase CC. I have a 4.5K Freedom. I can shed more light if needed.

Thanks for any tips!

Not trying to be a smarta--, but if you search "Zync hard limit" in the search bar on this forum you actually receive pages worth of relevant hits from the last year or two. There were "reports" of individuals getting cards with the hard limit Zync still open, and then still plenty more "reports" of it being impossible based on conversations with certain Amex representatives. So, the truth may never be known, but if you read some of those other posts it may give you an indication of the experiences of other posters. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

I'm sorry SnackTrader, I didn't mean for another "AMEX Zync" topic. I did use the search, I actually use it quite heavliy. I am quite aware that no one can convert from AMEX Zync, but the verdict is out on getting other AMEX products with a Zync hard limit. The topics went back and fourth about people getting other AMEX products with the Zync hard limit. The dates of the posts ranged as well. I just wanted to see if someone recently was in a position like mine and could shed some light. Isn't that the whole reason people come to these boards?

Anyways, feel free to close the topic if you wish. Not like I meant harm.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 15 of 25
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Ali, IMHO we can only learn from these discussions so please know that many of us appreciate the information and the questions that you asked. Repetition is actually great!  There is a lot to read and sort through and it can be overwhelming. Also, information changes!  We all should be encouraged to ask questions and share our experiences. Don't be discouraged... 

Smiley Wink

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 16 of 25
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@ali5541 wrote:

I'm sorry SnackTrader, I didn't mean for another "AMEX Zync" topic. I did use the search, I actually use it quite heavliy. I am quite aware that no one can convert from AMEX Zync, but the verdict is out on getting other AMEX products with a Zync hard limit. The topics went back and fourth about people getting other AMEX products with the Zync hard limit. The dates of the posts ranged as well. I just wanted to see if someone recently was in a position like mine and could shed some light. Isn't that the whole reason people come to these boards?

Anyways, feel free to close the topic if you wish. Not like I meant harm.

I didn't mean to say this wasn't a useful question, and I don't want to discourage you from asking. I was trying to get you more information by offering a search suggestion if you werent familiar with the function, and without posting 20+ links into the thread. 

And I agree, the jury is out and I don't think anyone has an exact answer that I have seen. But as I said, there are unverified reports of both approvals and denials with the hard limit Zync. it seems that you already found that. 

No offense intended, sorry if it didn't come across well. Truce?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 17 of 25
dodgeball
Established Contributor

This is why I cant stand AMEX, thre just so backwards and top of that there cards are not even the best out there for rewards. Living on a reputation earned long ago but is now rusted with just a coat of fresh paint to make them look pretty. IMO

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 18 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I find myself agreeing somewhat with dodgeball.  AMEX has this prestige about it, but it does seem to have lost substantial ground.  There are other cards that are on par or even surpass their rewards.  That's exactly what this board is about.

BTW, thanks for the way in which you are handling yourselves.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Amex is competitive with the other big 3 in the US market on their revolvers.

Admittedly their charge cards are somewhat dated but their rewards packages there are still better than the majority of lenders.

Hard to say they are living on past glories in my estimation; every lender has their quirks, but on the whole I think Amex is worth doing business with.

        
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.