cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

American Express is like Rolex, they have a fine product but there far from the best out there or exclusive . There name carries the company 

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 21 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

@dodgeball wrote:

American Express is like Rolex, they have a fine product but there far from the best out there or exclusive . There name carries the company 

Hahaha, that is a great example. I want to agree with the others. Their revolvers are not bad at all. Honestly, I don't think they will ever be better than Chase in my eyes. I hear how people have horror stories from Chase but they have never went wrong with me. In the case of AMEX, yah the charge cards are a dated thing, but the cards are nice the brand power is still there. I can't help but feel like I am awesome when I pay with my AMEX at a resturant compared to when I pay with my Chase Freedom or Crap1.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 22 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

Figured someone would probably want an update. I did get a call back from the execs office of Amex a few hours ago. They stated that my application was declined because they wanted to see more history from me with them and that after a year, they will review my account to see if they can remove the hard limit on the Zync as well as be allowed to apply for different accounts.

Does anyone else call bull on this? Any suggestions? Smiley Sad

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 23 of 25
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Yes and no. I guess the problem with the hard limit is, that you are not making large payments to them, which they like to see. I have only 4 months with them and was approved for two more cards (one revolver) last week. But I had no hard limit and always made one large payment each months. And heavy usage.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 24 of 25
ali5541
Valued Member

Well, for whatever it's worth, I cancelled my Zync card. I'll try my luck again in a month or two. Maybe...if this is how Amex is, I am not so kean on being a card member again.

What's in my wallet?

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.