Reply
Established Member
ali5541
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎08-08-2012

Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

Hey everyone!

 

Like many others, I roam the boards continuously and read up on peoples situations with the CC companies. One situation that hasn't received too much attention is with AMEX.

 

After finally pulling the trigger in August of last year for the AMEX Zync, I was approved with a counter offer, I took the $500 limit with auto-pay. Two days ago, I pulled the trigger with AMEX again for the BCP and got the dreaded wait notice (I applied over the phone with a rep). I got notification last evening that I was declined. I went to view the reason why and it stated that since I had the AMEX Zync card with a spending limit, I can't get any other AMEX products. I spoke with a customer service rep and she said that the Zync isn't the reason and gave me the number to the AMEX credit bureau and asked me to speak to them on Monday.

 

I figured I will try the exec office instead. Anyone had this problem before and was able to rectify it? Earlier in the month, I did apply for the Chase Amazon and was approved after recon. Got a sweet limit of 1.5K but it isn't my first Chase CC. I have a 4.5K Freedom. I can shed more light if needed.

 

Thanks for any tips!


Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

I did read post on here that AMEX Zync card members with a hard limit have this same problem. If I were you I would apply for another charge card and go that route first and build the relationship from there. The good thing is that AMEX shouldnt have pulled your credit for the BCP. But all cases are different so YMMV.


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Member
ycm
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎01-27-2013

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

+1 with emphasis on ymmv

 

 

Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa Sig | REI Visa
Established Contributor
shakalaka
Posts: 547
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

From what I have heard, you will not be approved if you have a ZYNC with hard limit. You have to close it first.

 

Having a ZYNC with NPSL is another picture. Your chances are much better. I was approved for BCE with having a ZYNC NPSL.


Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (17,400) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (4,800) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (1,500) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 748 (4/30) EQ 730 (4/26) EX 748 (12/5)

Established Member
ali5541
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎08-08-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

So wait, I can apply for another charge card while I have the hard limit on the zync card?


Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Senior Contributor
Wolf3
Posts: 3,198
Registered: ‎01-24-2010

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?


ali5541 wrote:

Hey everyone!

 

Like many others, I roam the boards continuously and read up on peoples situations with the CC companies. One situation that hasn't received too much attention is with AMEX.

 

After finally pulling the trigger in August of last year for the AMEX Zync, I was approved with a counter offer, I took the $500 limit with auto-pay. Two days ago, I pulled the trigger with AMEX again for the BCP and got the dreaded wait notice (I applied over the phone with a rep). I got notification last evening that I was declined. I went to view the reason why and it stated that since I had the AMEX Zync card with a spending limit, I can't get any other AMEX products. I spoke with a customer service rep and she said that the Zync isn't the reason and gave me the number to the AMEX credit bureau and asked me to speak to them on Monday.

 

I figured I will try the exec office instead. Anyone had this problem before and was able to rectify it? Earlier in the month, I did apply for the Chase Amazon and was approved after recon. Got a sweet limit of 1.5K but it isn't my first Chase CC. I have a 4.5K Freedom. I can shed more light if needed.

 

Thanks for any tips!


IMO, you should believe the reason. 

Established Contributor
shakalaka
Posts: 547
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

Nope, I have the NPSL ZYNC. If you have one with hard limit, you most certainly need to cancel it first.


Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (17,400) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (4,800) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (1,500) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 748 (4/30) EQ 730 (4/26) EX 748 (12/5)

Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,173
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?

i have a hard limit on mine. 

i jokingly applied for a bce on new years. 

letter said i had a 721 score but i have other factors that got me denied. 

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
shakalaka
Posts: 547
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?


creditnocash wrote:

i have a hard limit on mine. 

i jokingly applied for a bce on new years. 

letter said i had a 721 score but i have other factors that got me denied. 

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 


Interesting. Still I think the internal score with Amexco will take a hit with the hard limit. It is hard to spent a lot of money with having the hard limit. But good luck next time.


Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (17,400) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (4,800) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (1,500) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 748 (4/30) EQ 730 (4/26) EX 748 (12/5)

Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,173
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: Got 1 of 2, any situations like mine?


shakalaka wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

i have a hard limit on mine. 

i jokingly applied for a bce on new years. 

letter said i had a 721 score but i have other factors that got me denied. 

no mention of the zync but i had a pretty long list lol. (no bks or any lates/collections) 


Interesting. Still I think the internal score with Amexco will take a hit with the hard limit. It is hard to spent a lot of money with having the hard limit. But good luck next time.


is there a place where you can find your internal risk score? 

im assuming the credit secure is an internal? 

last pull i did on the 15th was 725 across all three reports. 

 

my aaoa was only 8 months so that was one of the factors. oldest account 2.3 years (10 ccs reporting)

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+