cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 2 AAdvanatge cards MC and Amex in the mail...

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Got 2 AAdvanatge cards MC and Amex in the mail...

I received 2 AAdvantage CC yesterday one an Amex and one a MC; I have a MC cc from them already; did anybody got the same 2 cards?  Apparently they want you to have 2 cards so you can use in more places and earn miles faster.   CC limit does not change, no additional fee, no APR changes, just 2 cards to use and one account.... 

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Got 2 AAdvanatge cards MC and Amex in the mail...

Interesting.   Did you get two sign-up bonuses?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Interesting. Which card did you apply for mc or Amex? Both cards share same limit so does both cards report as two trade lines or just as one trade line? Is there any annual fees with cards?
Message 3 of 7
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

I have an AAdvantage MC since 2009 - and I got that bonus but with this additional AMEX I don't think I will get another bonus.

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 4 of 7
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Concorduser - I have an Aadvantage MC since 2009 (noted on my card "member since 2009") and yes both card share same limit but since I have not activated the AMEX and have not check my Credit report I don't think it will be 2 tradelines.  It does have the usual $50  annually but it says $0 for first year on this new cards; I'm a little confuse especially with the annual fee "quote" since my MC is an old account.... 

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Is it your personal card or business card? I see they do not offer aadvantage personal mastercard any more. I do not like any card that has af on it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the AAdvantage MC for several years. Soon after receiving it, they offered the AA Amex card for free as long as I maintained the MC with its $50 fee. So I have both, but I don't know what their strategy is with these cards. And there are 2 separate credit lines.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.