Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


CreditEd wrote:

Never even cared about my credit score being so high let alone actually achieving it. This Saturday Score Watch reported that my EQ score is at 761. Plus I have two more payments to make this week that will bring my utilization down even more (from 26% to 2%).

 

I'm so excited that now that I'm here, I don't want to take an inquiry to pull me below 760. But I also have a strategy to add 4 new cards to ensure that all of my low levels can go and I can establish all fully primes.

 

It's interesting looking at the potential mortgage and car rates to understand the potential savings. If you all could would you do refinancing, new purchasing of continue building more prime credit cards and higher limits?

 

Your thoughts would be greatly welcomed...

 

 


Basically I have done all of the above,  adding new cards with higher limits, refinancing debt, purchasing a house and a car, adding a revolving LOC


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


 

At that point, though, I would focus on laying low on credit cards and shop for refinancing as I originally suggested.


thx for the advise. To be a bit more candid, We bought my house with the wife on the mortgage alone due to my credit situation at the time. I'm actually now in the position to get that corrected as well.

 

 

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($13,500) | AMEX H. Honors ($6,000) | FNBO Platinum MC $6,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi Double Cash ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


webhopper wrote:

CreditEd wrote:

Never even cared about my credit score being so high let alone actually achieving it. This Saturday Score Watch reported that my EQ score is at 761. Plus I have two more payments to make this week that will bring my utilization down even more (from 26% to 2%).

 

I'm so excited that now that I'm here, I don't want to take an inquiry to pull me below 760. But I also have a strategy to add 4 new cards to ensure that all of my low levels can go and I can establish all fully primes.

 

It's interesting looking at the potential mortgage and car rates to understand the potential savings. If you all could would you do refinancing, new purchasing of continue building more prime credit cards and higher limits?

 

Your thoughts would be greatly welcomed...

 

 


I have reached the 700 club.... since reaching the 700 club, here are the things I have done in the past year. Prior to reaching 700, I had:

1)  a discover card 3600 limit opened in 1999 (this was my only major CC).

2) a mortgage at 6.125% closed in April 2008.

3) A JCPenny card, inactive with a $124 limit (had not used the card since 2003).

4) Auto loan with Tulsa Federal CU at 7.5%  2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

 
I reached the 700 club in Dec 2011 after my mortgage broker fought hard to remove inaccurate reporting by Santander Consumer USA, who I never had a loan with (they were inaccurately reporting a CO in 2010)

 

January 2012:  Closed on a new principle residence.  163k at 4.125%

February 2012:  Applied and approved for Amex Zync NPSL, and Chase Amazon 5k limit (had to recon and explain that all the inqs were from mortgage process)

March 2012:  Applied for NFCU membership.  Refinanced the Ford to 4.05%, shaved one year off the payments;  Pre-approved for NFCU cash rewards card. got approved for 22k, holy crap.

March 2012 Resurrected the JCPenny and CLI to 600.

March 2012 - July 30, 2012   Intense Gardening, got married Smiley Happy,  Auto CLI on JCPenney to $1100

July 30 2012 -  Applied to refinance the first house from 6.125% to 3.5%

August 29, 2012  - Car (2008 Volvo s40 that was paid for) is totalled

Sept 2012 - Opened Navcheck 15k limit, to use for my contractor who is remodeling bathrooms in the first house.  Auto CLIs have brought Discover to 5k

Oct 2012 - Approved for NFCU new auto loan 45k at 1.79%..  will be purchasing a volvo xc90 using European Delivery Program, have 60 days to give the 45k check to the dealership;  No documentation required.


WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW You've had a busy year. Much in this writeup for me to emulate. THANKS and CONGRATS!

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($13,500) | AMEX H. Honors ($6,000) | FNBO Platinum MC $6,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi Double Cash ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000)
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


CreditEd wrote:

webhopper wrote:

CreditEd wrote:

Never even cared about my credit score being so high let alone actually achieving it. This Saturday Score Watch reported that my EQ score is at 761. Plus I have two more payments to make this week that will bring my utilization down even more (from 26% to 2%).

 

I'm so excited that now that I'm here, I don't want to take an inquiry to pull me below 760. But I also have a strategy to add 4 new cards to ensure that all of my low levels can go and I can establish all fully primes.

 

It's interesting looking at the potential mortgage and car rates to understand the potential savings. If you all could would you do refinancing, new purchasing of continue building more prime credit cards and higher limits?

 

Your thoughts would be greatly welcomed...

 

 


I have reached the 700 club.... since reaching the 700 club, here are the things I have done in the past year. Prior to reaching 700, I had:

1)  a discover card 3600 limit opened in 1999 (this was my only major CC).

2) a mortgage at 6.125% closed in April 2008.

3) A JCPenny card, inactive with a $124 limit (had not used the card since 2003).

4) Auto loan with Tulsa Federal CU at 7.5%  2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

 
I reached the 700 club in Dec 2011 after my mortgage broker fought hard to remove inaccurate reporting by Santander Consumer USA, who I never had a loan with (they were inaccurately reporting a CO in 2010)

 

January 2012:  Closed on a new principle residence.  163k at 4.125%

February 2012:  Applied and approved for Amex Zync NPSL, and Chase Amazon 5k limit (had to recon and explain that all the inqs were from mortgage process)

March 2012:  Applied for NFCU membership.  Refinanced the Ford to 4.05%, shaved one year off the payments;  Pre-approved for NFCU cash rewards card. got approved for 22k, holy crap.

March 2012 Resurrected the JCPenny and CLI to 600.

March 2012 - July 30, 2012   Intense Gardening, got married Smiley Happy,  Auto CLI on JCPenney to $1100

July 30 2012 -  Applied to refinance the first house from 6.125% to 3.5%

August 29, 2012  - Car (2008 Volvo s40 that was paid for) is totalled

Sept 2012 - Opened Navcheck 15k limit, to use for my contractor who is remodeling bathrooms in the first house.  Auto CLIs have brought Discover to 5k

Oct 2012 - Approved for NFCU new auto loan 45k at 1.79%..  will be purchasing a volvo xc90 using European Delivery Program, have 60 days to give the 45k check to the dealership;  No documentation required.


WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW You've had a busy year. Much in this writeup for me to emulate. THANKS and CONGRATS!


LOL it feels like 2012 has been a skyrocket year.  I was so angry at Santander... and I'm glad I was able to win with my broker's help, and with his brokerage threatening to sue them unless the situtation was corrected immediately.

My husband and I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to move forward with the purchase of a new car, and we plan on paying off the truck with my bonus in March... we'll take US delivery of the new volvo in February, so we plan on continueing to have 3 cars, with only 1 of the cars having a note to pay.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($13,500) | AMEX H. Honors ($6,000) | FNBO Platinum MC $6,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi Double Cash ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000)
Established Contributor
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎05-09-2009
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


CreditEd wrote:

TheConductor wrote:

Unless you're a profligate spender, the rewards of refinancing your home or car at a better rate are likely to greatly exceed the rewards you would earn from any prime credit card.

 

Shop around for the refis first, then and only then look into some additional credit cards.  Your current selection of cards is already pretty prime, and having a solid AAoA and no recent inquiries can only help you in refinancing.


Hoping to add 2 AMEX consumer cards soon. I should be able to do this with a back date of 1998... Haven't yet added a consumer amex because I slipped into their door through a business card 2 years ago. Fortunate enough to have read you guys info about backdating. I hope to heck that they will allow me to obtain a consumer card later this month.

 

Chase rejected me two months ago with a 695 for a CSP card. Also wondering if I will fly below the rader with them?


Opening those new Amex cards backdating to 1998 will most likely add points to offset the inquiries taken for the apps.  To me, that sounds like a good plan there. If they are revolvers, will also aid in boosting util as well.  Sounds like a plus plus to me

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally


Citi TY Premier 46.5k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2k
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???



Opening those new Amex cards backdating to 1998 will most likely add points to offset the inquiries taken for the apps.  To me, that sounds like a good plan there. If they are revolvers, will also aid in boosting util as well.  Sounds like a plus plus to me


Hoping also to "unstick" my HSBC card, stuck at 2k since 2009 and my Chase card stuck at 3k since 2008 (was an old WaMu card. Chase is determined to keep me there I believe). Not sure if I will need to drop these cards and open new company cards. You know the deal, keeping hope alive like a faithful St Bernard...

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($13,500) | AMEX H. Honors ($6,000) | FNBO Platinum MC $6,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi Double Cash ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000)
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???

Totally go for CSP if it interests you... might also look at penfed... they have a great card and no Foreign transaction fees.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???


webhopper wrote:
Totally go for CSP if it interests you... might also look at penfed... they have a great card and no Foreign transaction fees.

Trie to sneak in to NFCU but they needed more proof. Unfortunately I have no military ties and don't think that PenFed will take me. I actually opened a USBank account with 500 in hopes of seasoning it for this day.  Going for the dual affect of the Amexes first, then hope to add a CitiBusiness card. Wish I had more insight as to why my current Chase is stuck and if my previous CSP app was because I was truly borderline at the time?

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($13,500) | AMEX H. Honors ($6,000) | FNBO Platinum MC $6,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi Double Cash ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎01-04-2008
0

Re: Got A 761. What Would You Do With It???

 

About Amex...which looks better?

 

Opened in October 1998

Opened in January 1998

 

Wait until Jan.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.