cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Alot of Love From CapOne

tag
TXFJR

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

My score according to myFICO was 768 I think.  It went to 781 and has recently gone down to 748.  It would seem logical to me that CapitalOne would move the CL for the card I closed to the existing.  I have 2 other cards with 20K+ limits, one is AmEx Blue I have held for double digit years.  I am hesitant to call and ask Cap1 about this until after I have heard from others' experience.  Not a super big deal but I use Cap1 almost exclusively for foreign travel because of their exchange rate policy.  I travel about once every 18 mo. or so and got the Signature just before a trip to Italy.  It seemed to me a better rate than using a debit and paying a fee (those Europeans used their debits constantly and I wondered how they afforded the fee) Apologies for the digression.  So general concensus is no go on the request to merge 10+10=20K  ??  I hope I have not hijacked this thread, I thought if otheres were experiencing some form of liberal credit behavior from Cap1 I might benefit from the trend!

Message 21 of 22
johnnie198x
Contributor

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

@TXFJR wrote:

My score according to myFICO was 768 I think.  It went to 781 and has recently gone down to 748.  It would seem logical to me that CapitalOne would move the CL for the card I closed to the existing.  I have 2 other cards with 20K+ limits, one is AmEx Blue I have held for double digit years.  I am hesitant to call and ask Cap1 about this until after I have heard from others' experience.  Not a super big deal but I use Cap1 almost exclusively for foreign travel because of their exchange rate policy.  I travel about once every 18 mo. or so and got the Signature just before a trip to Italy.  It seemed to me a better rate than using a debit and paying a fee (those Europeans used their debits constantly and I wondered how they afforded the fee) Apologies for the digression.  So general concensus is no go on the request to merge 10+10=20K  ??  I hope I have not hijacked this thread, I thought if otheres were experiencing some form of liberal credit behavior from Cap1 I might benefit from the trend!

I think it would be difficult because you already closed the other credit card, so this isn't really recon, more like asking for CLI. I would still call, worth a try. You never know.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.