Established Contributor

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

mstew wrote:

All scores around 675, 1 baddie collection from 2009, paid as agreed. Otherwise, my aaoa is way down from this year and I have a lot of inqs. Otherwise a clean report

I don't think it has anything to do with your report. Just hang on and garden, and you'll see things turning around sometime in 2012!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
New Contributor

SevenNEW wrote:

mstew wrote:

All scores around 675, 1 baddie collection from 2009, paid as agreed. Otherwise, my aaoa is way down from this year and I have a lot of inqs. Otherwise a clean report

I don't think it has anything to do with your report. Just hang on and garden, and you'll see things turning around sometime in 2012!

Gardening is the plan for the next 8-10 months. If I don't get a decent CLI from Cap1 next year, I'll probably end up closing the account becuase I refuse to sockdrawer a card with a $39 AF. Besides, by then my scores will probably be 700+ and I'll be able to get approved for prime cards.  I don't want a huge CLI, but bumping the card to $750+ would be nice...

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Regular Contributor

i hope i do i am going to be changed over to cap 1 from hsbc  i hope they will give me as much love as hsbc did

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

mstew wrote:

SevenNEW wrote:

mstew wrote:

Gardening is the plan for the next 8-10 months. If I don't get a decent CLI from Cap1 next year, I'll probably end up closing the account becuase I refuse to sockdrawer a card with a $39 AF. Besides, by then my scores will probably be 700+ and I'll be able to get approved for prime cards.  I don't want a huge CLI, but bumping the card to $750+ would be nice...

Great -- yes, if it comes with an AF you are definitely right. Of course, I would wait until other cards arrive before getting rid of it, unless you have other active cards and have a good control over your util.

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Regular Contributor

Well my steps just kicked into today. Logged on and had a $750 CL. Opened it in may.

Hopefully this isn't the only CLI I ever get on this account but from everything I read it most likely is....

Established Contributor

tburns wrote:

Well my steps just kicked into today. Logged on and had a $750 CL. Opened it in may.

Hopefully this isn't the only CLI I ever get on this account but from everything I read it most likely is....

If you use the card and PIF every time you will probably get at lease another one to ca $ 1500. Many people (myself included) reached their top limit around $ 2,500-3,000. (I got $ 2,750, and never one more dime in three years).

4.2K 10K 24.6K
New Contributor

SevenNEW wrote:

mstew wrote:

SevenNEW wrote:

mstew wrote:

Great -- yes, if it comes with an AF you are definitely right. Of course, I would wait until other cards arrive before getting rid of it, unless you have other active cards and have a good control over your util.

My uti is going down, and I do have other cards, but I probably won't cancel my cap1 until I have a good replacement. It's just difficult sometimes to keep uti down with lower limit cards. Should be easier now with another $1500 TL with barclays though

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)

I have had a Cap1 card for a few years with 10K limit.  Opened another called Signature w/ Cap1 also for 10K CL.  I called yesterday and had them move my rewards from the old card to the new and then closed that other Cap1 card.  I was wondering if they wouldn't just kick the CL to 20K on the Signature.  Right now I have 9K on that Signature card because they gave me no interest for 1 year w/ min. pmt being made.  Should I call and ask them to increase that 10K to 20?  Oh, I have several other cards with strong use and pmt history, some of them I have had for 20+ years.  So no big deal closing out that other Cap1.

Contributor

TXFJR wrote:

I have had a Cap1 card for a few years with 10K limit.  Opened another called Signature w/ Cap1 also for 10K CL.  I called yesterday and had them move my rewards from the old card to the new and then closed that other Cap1 card.  I was wondering if they wouldn't just kick the CL to 20K on the Signature.  Right now I have 9K on that Signature card because they gave me no interest for 1 year w/ min. pmt being made.  Should I call and ask them to increase that 10K to 20?  Oh, I have several other cards with strong use and pmt history, some of them I have had for 20+ years.  So no big deal closing out that other Cap1.

What's your FICO score when you applied for the Signature? Like 800+?

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Established Contributor

johnnie198x wrote:

TXFJR wrote:

What's your FICO score when you applied for the Signature? Like 800+?

Yes -- definitely not a rebuilder card LOL!

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.